• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacherman
    • Jan 2004

Monitor Help

Ok, a little Tech question. I just bought this from BB;

Gateway FPD1975W 19" Widescreen High-Definition LCD Flat-Panel Display

It seems to be a very nice monitor for the price. I have this hooked via DVI to:
    HIS Radeon X800XL 256MB
    My question is, when I un-hibernate my computer, my monitor does not come on. Same with the power settings for the monitor, if after 20 minutes of inactivity the monitor shuts down it does come back up with the rest of the computer. So, for right now I am just shutting down every time because that seems to be the only time it comes on with the system.

I had read where someone hooked up the DVI and VGA cable to their monitor (not a Gateway) for another issue, didn't know if that was an option.

Any thought?
    Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I have VGA and DVI hooked up, but not sure why, or which one triggers it to come back on from hibernation. Mine is an older gateway widescreen. But mostly that part works ok for me. I'd suggest BB tech support, or Gateway for answers?

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Preacherman
      • Jan 2004

Thanks Doug, I did that also. While waiting for customer no-service I was seeing if one of our knowledgable fellows had run across this before.

Thanks again.
      Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

try updating your drivers for your Radeon card. It sounds like the video card isn't sending the flag to turn the monitor back on.

That'd be a quick easy test for you. Other than that, just check to make sure the options on your video card are set correctly. I know the software that came with my Mitsubishi monitor has a couple options for hybernation to allow the caps to warm up so it doesn't shock the monitor upon wakening.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"