Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Thank you kind sir.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Sponge
      • May 2006

All of EA's Sports Games (not Fight Night) are going to $39.95 on Monday...pick up Madden or Tiger then...get NCAA 07 when it comes out in July it is incredible looking and the new dynasty mode is beyond stellar.

Fight Night Rd. 3 is still my favorite sports game released...download the free demo on marketplace you will understand why.
      Old HT guy getting back into it!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'm going to resurrent an old thread here, for anyone that's still around and owns an XBox 360. I just ordered a Dell laptop for the wife, and it came with a free Xbox 360 slim, 4GB model. So after no gaming systems at all, I got a PS3, then reluctantly got a Wii for the kids in the living room. Now I got an XBox 360 for free, so suddenly I find myself with all 3 major gaming systems.

I picked up a Kinect system for it already, and a few games. I'm interested to hear what others would say are "MUST HAVE" games for the 360.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• M.Roberts8
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
          I'm going to resurrent an old thread here, for anyone that's still around and owns an XBox 360. I just ordered a Dell laptop for the wife, and it came with a free Xbox 360 slim, 4GB model. So after no gaming systems at all, I got a PS3, then reluctantly got a Wii for the kids in the living room. Now I got an XBox 360 for free, so suddenly I find myself with all 3 major gaming systems.

I picked up a Kinect system for it already, and a few games. I'm interested to hear what others would say are "MUST HAVE" games for the 360.
          Must have titles IMO are the following:

Gears of War -3rd person shooter. With online co-op campaign mode

Gears of War 2 - same as above with decent online multi-player.

Plus HORDE mode!!!! Horde mode is a up to 5 player co-operative mode where you take on wave after wave of enemies which get stronger and stronger up to 50 waves.

Gears of War 3 (Sep. 2011)

Splinter Cell:Conviction -xbox exclusive on-line co-op campaign.

Rainbox Six Vegas & Vegas 2 - these are FPS w/3rd person cover system, if you are into tactical online multi-player

Alan Wake might be cool it is also an exclusive. I haven't played it though.

A whole bunch are going to say Halo but honestly I find them rudimentary and overall very unsatisfying. I'm probably going to get flamed for that but whatever.

Honestly Gears is the only exclusive that I even own the 360 for I haven't bought a game for my 360 since SC: Conviction. I won't buy another until Gears 3.
          The reason is I am on my 5th 360. Yep you read that right, since MS is no longer repairing these consoles. See if you got the dreaded red ring of death MS used to extend your warranty to 3 years (which they did in my case). But that 3 years has passed and they won't fix it again. So I refuse to support the console anymore. With the exception of Gears 3 as I will have no other legal way of playing it if I don't.
          Xbox live has the PSN beat in quite a few ways:
          Cross game chat
          Cross game invite
          Voice messaging ( you can send a short 10 sec. message)

You can click on my gamercard and see some other games that I own/ have played. Feel free to send me a friend request when you get yours. Check out Gears I would gladly play through it again if you would like. I've played through the first one 7-8 times and 5-6 with the #2
          Me and my brother (OrdinaryJester) are usually down for some Horde action as well.

Last edited by M.Roberts8; 18 July 2011, 18:27 Monday. Reason: Game titles are bold

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Okay, cool. I had heard good things about GOW, so I bought the triple pack. I'm actually not liking the first one very much, but I haven't tried the second one yet.

And I do like FPS. So I'll at least consider GOW 3. I find the Halo games to be fun, so I bought ODST, and will also consider the next Halo that comes out.

I previously played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on a friend's original XBox, and really, really enjoyed that. Too bad they don't have that for 360's. But I did see that in December, they're releasing a Star Wars game for Kinect. Could be pretty cool, using your body to wield lightsabers and use the force.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Gears isn't bad, it's not really an FPS though and I think there are better FPS games out there. But it's fun generally. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in that sort of game?

Comment

• M.Roberts8
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
                Okay, cool. I had heard good things about GOW, so I bought the triple pack. I'm actually not liking the first one very much, but I haven't tried the second one yet.

And I do like FPS. So I'll at least consider GOW 3. I find the Halo games to be fun, so I bought ODST, and will also consider the next Halo that comes out.

I previously played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on a friend's original XBox, and really, really enjoyed that. Too bad they don't have that for 360's. But I did see that in December, they're releasing a Star Wars game for Kinect. Could be pretty cool, using your body to wield lightsabers and use the force.
                Gears and the Rainbow Six games I mentioned have a cover system. In order to be good at the game and enjoy it you need to get used to it & use it. These aren't typical run & gun type. Also the tac com and playing with partner A.I. kind of sucks. In my experience they usually go all kamikaze on you ramboing in and getting wounded or they stay in the rear and don't do anything.
                The campaign is best played with someone via on-line co-op & communication is key.
                Think of it like this what would you actually do if you were in those situations. That helped me a lot when first adjusting to a cover based game. You're supposed to feel like your in a war zone. The roadie run/sprint has that saving private Ryan type of shaky cam to it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"