X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.Roberts8
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris D
    Okay, cool. I had heard good things about GOW, so I bought the triple pack. I'm actually not liking the first one very much, but I haven't tried the second one yet.

And I do like FPS. So I'll at least consider GOW 3. I find the Halo games to be fun, so I bought ODST, and will also consider the next Halo that comes out.

I previously played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on a friend's original XBox, and really, really enjoyed that. Too bad they don't have that for 360's. But I did see that in December, they're releasing a Star Wars game for Kinect. Could be pretty cool, using your body to wield lightsabers and use the force.
    Gears and the Rainbow Six games I mentioned have a cover system. In order to be good at the game and enjoy it you need to get used to it & use it. These aren't typical run & gun type. Also the tac com and playing with partner A.I. kind of sucks. In my experience they usually go all kamikaze on you ramboing in and getting wounded or they stay in the rear and don't do anything.
    The campaign is best played with someone via on-line co-op & communication is key.
    Think of it like this what would you actually do if you were in those situations. That helped me a lot when first adjusting to a cover based game. You're supposed to feel like your in a war zone. The roadie run/sprint has that saving private Ryan type of shaky cam to it.

Leave a comment:

• Hdale85
    replied
    Gears isn't bad, it's not really an FPS though and I think there are better FPS games out there. But it's fun generally. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in that sort of game?

Leave a comment:

• Chris D
    replied
    Okay, cool. I had heard good things about GOW, so I bought the triple pack. I'm actually not liking the first one very much, but I haven't tried the second one yet.

And I do like FPS. So I'll at least consider GOW 3. I find the Halo games to be fun, so I bought ODST, and will also consider the next Halo that comes out.

I previously played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on a friend's original XBox, and really, really enjoyed that. Too bad they don't have that for 360's. But I did see that in December, they're releasing a Star Wars game for Kinect. Could be pretty cool, using your body to wield lightsabers and use the force.

Leave a comment:

• M.Roberts8
    replied
    I'm going to resurrent an old thread here, for anyone that's still around and owns an XBox 360. I just ordered a Dell laptop for the wife, and it came with a free Xbox 360 slim, 4GB model. So after no gaming systems at all, I got a PS3, then reluctantly got a Wii for the kids in the living room. Now I got an XBox 360 for free, so suddenly I find myself with all 3 major gaming systems.

I picked up a Kinect system for it already, and a few games. I'm interested to hear what others would say are "MUST HAVE" games for the 360.
    Must have titles IMO are the following:

Gears of War -3rd person shooter. With online co-op campaign mode

Gears of War 2 - same as above with decent online multi-player.

Plus HORDE mode!!!! Horde mode is a up to 5 player co-operative mode where you take on wave after wave of enemies which get stronger and stronger up to 50 waves.

Gears of War 3 (Sep. 2011)

Splinter Cell:Conviction -xbox exclusive on-line co-op campaign.

Rainbox Six Vegas & Vegas 2 - these are FPS w/3rd person cover system, if you are into tactical online multi-player

Alan Wake might be cool it is also an exclusive. I haven't played it though.

A whole bunch are going to say Halo but honestly I find them rudimentary and overall very unsatisfying. I'm probably going to get flamed for that but whatever.

Honestly Gears is the only exclusive that I even own the 360 for I haven't bought a game for my 360 since SC: Conviction. I won't buy another until Gears 3.
    The reason is I am on my 5th 360. Yep you read that right, since MS is no longer repairing these consoles. See if you got the dreaded red ring of death MS used to extend your warranty to 3 years (which they did in my case). But that 3 years has passed and they won't fix it again. So I refuse to support the console anymore. With the exception of Gears 3 as I will have no other legal way of playing it if I don't.
    Xbox live has the PSN beat in quite a few ways:
    Cross game chat
    Cross game invite
    Voice messaging ( you can send a short 10 sec. message)

You can click on my gamercard and see some other games that I own/ have played. Feel free to send me a friend request when you get yours. Check out Gears I would gladly play through it again if you would like. I've played through the first one 7-8 times and 5-6 with the #2
    Me and my brother (OrdinaryJester) are usually down for some Horde action as well.

Last edited by M.Roberts8; 18 July 2011, 18:27 Monday. Reason: Game titles are bold

Leave a comment:

• Chris D
    replied
    I'm going to resurrent an old thread here, for anyone that's still around and owns an XBox 360. I just ordered a Dell laptop for the wife, and it came with a free Xbox 360 slim, 4GB model. So after no gaming systems at all, I got a PS3, then reluctantly got a Wii for the kids in the living room. Now I got an XBox 360 for free, so suddenly I find myself with all 3 major gaming systems.

I picked up a Kinect system for it already, and a few games. I'm interested to hear what others would say are "MUST HAVE" games for the 360.

Leave a comment:

• Sponge
    replied
    All of EA's Sports Games (not Fight Night) are going to $39.95 on Monday...pick up Madden or Tiger then...get NCAA 07 when it comes out in July it is incredible looking and the new dynasty mode is beyond stellar.

Fight Night Rd. 3 is still my favorite sports game released...download the free demo on marketplace you will understand why.

Leave a comment:

• Azeke
    replied
    Thank you kind sir.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Originally posted by Azeke
    Hello Everyone,

Here is my Xbox 360 story:

My birthday is May 7th, so I started looking for an early present. I wanted the Premium version, BB had a bunch but they were gone, by the time I returned. Decided to call EBgames just out of the blue, called around 10:04 a.m., guess what, the manager said he had two premium systems available just came in on a truck last night. I asked can you hold it until I get there, I have to pack up my Xbox, accessories, and game (~15) for trade in. He said no, but I should be fine. Packed up all the old gear (put in a plastic cat litter box, yes I cleaned it first) and off to EB I went, humming a tune along the way. I get there, of course he was trying to sell accessories, games, etc., 1 1/2 hours later, after negotiations, I am out of the door, with two games GRAW, Burnout and accessories. (I also purchased Tomb Raider, on sale at CC, but that's another story). I began playing GRAW, outstanding graphics and SQ (via DD), I truly enjoy this game. Then I began playing Burnout and I let my son play, he is really enjoying this game, I don't think his mom will like it, but he is certainly better than I am at this game. Now all I have to do is find the time to play these games. Just my story.

I need to pickup a good sports game for my son and I to play, preferably basketball, or football. Should I just wait for Madden '07?

Any hints or suggestions for a noob are welcome.

My XBox 360 live handle: AzekeCSE

So Trevor, I guess you can add me too the group .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
    Great story Azeke!
    For a sports game, I would look at the ratings I have posted so far
    and narrow down to the higher rated games,,then maybe rent
    some first before actually buying any of them.
    This way you can buy one that you will enjoy and get your monies
    worth. :yesnod:

I will add you to the list!:T

Leave a comment:

• Azeke
    replied
    Hello Everyone,

Here is my Xbox 360 story:

My birthday is May 7th, so I started looking for an early present. I wanted the Premium version, BB had a bunch but they were gone, by the time I returned. Decided to call EBgames just out of the blue, called around 10:04 a.m., guess what, the manager said he had two premium systems available just came in on a truck last night. I asked can you hold it until I get there, I have to pack up my Xbox, accessories, and game (~15) for trade in. He said no, but I should be fine. Packed up all the old gear (put in a plastic cat litter box, yes I cleaned it first) and off to EB I went, humming a tune along the way. I get there, of course he was trying to sell accessories, games, etc., 1 1/2 hours later, after negotiations, I am out of the door, with two games GRAW, Burnout and accessories. (I also purchased Tomb Raider, on sale at CC, but that's another story). I began playing GRAW, outstanding graphics and SQ (via DD), I truly enjoy this game. Then I began playing Burnout and I let my son play, he is really enjoying this game, I don't think his mom will like it, but he is certainly better than I am at this game. Now all I have to do is find the time to play these games. Just my story.

I need to pickup a good sports game for my son and I to play, preferably basketball, or football. Should I just wait for Madden '07?

Any hints or suggestions for a noob are welcome.

My XBox 360 live handle: AzekeCSE

So Trevor, I guess you can add me too the group .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Originally posted by gross30
    Trevor, just a quick note, we are having a lot of fun with "oblivion", I can't even begin to count the hours. The game is excellant. Also, started the x-box live and it is under "BALROCH". Picked up PGR3, and plan on going on live as soon as I get the handle on the game. It is a lot of fun also.
    Excellent,,I haven't been able to play Oblivion very much because of my
    work responsibility's.
    But so far it has been a lot of fun!
    PGR3 absolutely rocks! I noticed a download of 12 new cars
    available on Live MarketPlace for 400 points. One of the cars is the new Corvette Z06..:T

Leave a comment:

• gross30
    replied
    Trevor, just a quick note, we are having a lot of fun with "oblivion", I can't even begin to count the hours. The game is excellant. Also, started the x-box live and it is under "BALROCH". Picked up PGR3, and plan on going on live as soon as I get the handle on the game. It is a lot of fun also.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Good to hear Pewter!:T
    Let us know your Live tag once you sign up. :yesnod:

Gross30,,Keep us posted on your progress.
    Likely, you guys will be spending hours upon hours playing it.
    I predict that I won't finish the game until sometime next year.
    That's what you call getting your monies worth...

Leave a comment:

• gross30
    replied
    Great news, you will have a riot. We haven't played Ghost Recon but heard lots of good things about it. Trevor, we just started up Oblivion last night, and all I can say is wow. :T I just cant believe how much is actually playable in this game. We haven't gone very far but are really enjoying it so far. We created an orc character just to get a start on the game. I think the first session of playtime was about 4.5 hours. Time flys. :tv:

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    HOLY CRAP I JUST FOUND AN XBOX 360... It's a shame I won't have time to try it out until this weekend...but I just got it and Call of Duty and Ghost Recon an extra wireless controller and the plug & play thingy...

Wooo hooo. Finally!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Started up Oblivion today.
    Put in close to 4 hours of time into it.
    This game is incredible.
    I spent most of my time exploring through
    the tunnels and learning the different
    attributes that my character posses.
    I decided to be a Redguard.
    Found lot's of items as well.

The great thing about the game is that
    you can save your game at anytime during game play.
    So you don't have to ever redo an area.

Designing your character was too cool.
    You can pretty much change every feature on his face.

Leave a comment:

• Lex
    replied
    I think what I heard said was the first manufacturer to a million units sold, usually won the generation. However, if Sony really hits a home run with PS3 when introduced and something is seen as more advanced than Xbox, could it not be seen as a generation.1 edition, not really same gen. Besides, after a year with Xbox, as soon as PS3 hits, serious gamers will be ready for a change in challenge/pace and will gobble up PS3. Xbox on the other hand could be old news.

Leave a comment:

• gross30
    replied
    Good for you Trevor !! We ordered ours, and it should be here around Monday or Tuesday. You just gotta love F.S. online shopping. We decided on the collectors edition because of the maps etc. It looks like a really great game. I will definately keep you posted on our progress, as my wife and I are just getting back into some great gaming. Should be lots of interesting moments !!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Good news!!
    I was able to get the Collector's Edition of Elder Scrolls
    today.
    Since I haven't opened the non collector's version that I bought
    yesterday, I can take that one back.

Not sure what all was wrong with the original units
    that were not working.
    I was able to get a 360 unit on Nov22 due to a preorder.
    My unit has worked flawless so far.
    No glitches or problems period.
    Hopefully , it stays that way!

Leave a comment:

• LikeCoiledSteel
    replied
    One reason that they are not available is because of faulty units. MS rushed to market to beat Sony and released beta versions of the 360 in the market. A friend of mine is in the wholesale procurement business and ordered 10 360's from a large distributor he works with. They could not supply the 10 units because out of a million 360's shipped 800,000 were returned before they hit store shelves.

It would not be the first time that this has happened with MS or many other companies. Time was the most important for MS. They took a loss on the first Xbox throughout its life and are taking a loss on this one too. The Xbox is a loss leader to gain market share and force Sony out of the game in the long run. They have $ to burn and can do this tactic while Sony does not.
    Steel

Leave a comment:

• Lex
    replied
    "In the news" Microsoft announced another manufacturer for the consoles, which should improve system availability greatly. They hope to have a lot of systems sold before PS3 comes out in november. (projected). MS really wants Xbox to win this generation.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Your Welcome..

Here is another website with Elder Scrolls in fo on it.

Notice that there is a Collectors Edition version
    which comes with a 112 page booklet with maps..
    Also a DVD with the making of the game content.

Unfortunately I missed out on the Collector's Edition.
    I checked out a few places after work , however everyone
    was sold out of the Special edition.
    So, I had to pick up the regular one.

Leave a comment:

• gross30
    replied
    Thanks Trevor, I will definately check out 360 live once we are shut down for spring and have some more time. My wife is picking up Elder Scrolls IV on the weekend. Should be interesting. Impatiently waiting for spring.....dg

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Originally posted by gross30
    Hello Trevor, I am a fellow gamer from Medicine Hat. On my week off (March 7-13) I found a premium package in Calgary. We purchased it immediately. Purchased 1 game with the unit, Need for Speed, extra wireless controller, upgraded component cable, etc. I don't know much about the 360 live yet, as I haven't had time. Won't be home until the end of March for break-up. We hooked it up, just haphazardly to make sure everything works etc. Got the game going Friday 03/10/06 @ approx. 17:00 hours. Never stopped playing until after midnight. What a riot. Even my wife was right in there racing, just having a blast. We had it going through to a 57" HDTV and put the RX-Z9 on game and what a ride !! My wife is very interested in the Elder Scrolls game, and we don't have much info on it. It is released later this month. Just curious as to whether or not you know where we could get some more info on this game etc. Any links to reviews etc. would be appreciated. Also just a note that the graphics and game play on Need for speed are incredible, and the game is a riot to play. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon....dg
    Hi!!
    Great story on your XboX 360.
    I haven't played Need for Speed as of yet.
    That's because I am hooked on PGR3 and don't want
    to get into a new racing game until I am finished with PGR 3.

Looks/ sounds like you have an awesome system to play it on.
    That makes a huge difference when you have the opportunity
    to fire up 5.1 digital surround and HDTV. Your in heaven
    as far as gaming goes.

As for ElderScrolls,,It is supposed to be out tomorrow
    from what I understand.
    I get most of my XboX 360 updates from here..

Definately check out Xbox Live.
    Even if you don't actually compete against anybody on
    Xbox Live, there are so many other things you can do.
    There are a lot of games you can download including demo's.
    There are movie trailers in 720p.
    Also,,After playing a game , it automatically uploads your
    score so that you can see how you ranked amoungst others
    playing the same game or level.
    You can also sit back and watch others competing in a competition.
    Definately worth the $59.99 cost for the year.

PS,,I added you to the XboX 360 member listing above.

Leave a comment:

• H.T.C
    replied
    There is only 2-3 games that has any interest for me at least now and 1 is elder scrolls and a lovecraft game being produced by atari and 1 of the racing games.

Leave a comment:

• gross30
    replied
    Hello Trevor, I am a fellow gamer from Medicine Hat. On my week off (March 7-13) I found a premium package in Calgary. We purchased it immediately. Purchased 1 game with the unit, Need for Speed, extra wireless controller, upgraded component cable, etc. I don't know much about the 360 live yet, as I haven't had time. Won't be home until the end of March for break-up. We hooked it up, just haphazardly to make sure everything works etc. Got the game going Friday 03/10/06 @ approx. 17:00 hours. Never stopped playing until after midnight. What a riot. Even my wife was right in there racing, just having a blast. We had it going through to a 57" HDTV and put the RX-Z9 on game and what a ride !! My wife is very interested in the Elder Scrolls game, and we don't have much info on it. It is released later this month. Just curious as to whether or not you know where we could get some more info on this game etc. Any links to reviews etc. would be appreciated. Also just a note that the graphics and game play on Need for speed are incredible, and the game is a riot to play. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon....dg

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    New release comes out Tuesday March 21rst.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Here is a great picture of the Zero Hour Faceplate that
    was given away during the XboX 360 Launch party!
    They are rare and considered collectible
    since only 3000 were made.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Whoa, Trev, those ARE nice!
    They sure are.

I just updated the reviews with 6 new titles..
    all, very good games!:yesnod:
    Last edited by Chris D; 21 July 2015, 22:43 Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Chris D
    replied
    Whoa, Trev, those ARE nice!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    This game is called Two Worlds.
    I am not sure when it is coming out, but it sure
    presents some stunning graphics!!:yesnod:

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    I added a list of some upcoming release for the 360
    into the top area of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Here is the new Laura Croft!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Here is a cool Graphic..
    Spiderman 3 will be coming to the
    XboX 360 once the Movie is complete.

Leave a comment:

• Alloroc
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Schell
    I added Alloroc to the 360 Live Member list.

Daryl..
    That is a hot car.
    I own about 19 right now,,My goal is to buy them all.:yesnod:
    Thanks.

Been crazy busy of late. No chance to play in days..... Hopefully I'll be on tomorrow.

V

http://gamercard.xbox.com/alloroc.card (thanks for the tip)

Leave a comment:

• H.T.C
    replied
    There would of been more units in stock but microsoft had to do the semi (being that they decided too launch the console in europe and japan at about the same time,december, not even a month after the states launch had occured).

The sales in japan were bad at launch and not very good now (I think it was a games mag that stated it was to the point that it might sell at a discount as if it was a going to get rid of stock sale) dont know the sales sheet for europe,it most likely sold out there as well.

If they waited till spring to launch xbox 360 in other areas the stores would have had more stock for the holidays and of course we are not talking about people who were acting like fools in line for the xbox 360 that became violent at times? is america falling apart? you would think the manufactuers and retail industry would release items in spring instead of a time when they understand consumers are not going to be pleased when they cant get the system at the holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    Just slightly pissed...thought you guys might empathise....or just make fun of me, either way it's cool. ha ha..

I walked into my BB to get some movies and I saw a guy with a Premium kit...I thought to my self, well I didn't plan on buying one right now, but what the heck! I got back to look... nothing...finally find a guy working in the video game section (he was off who knows where)...and asked if they had any Premium systems because I was going to buy it, a couple games, controllers, and possibly even a new TV... I'm waiting for SED, but the Samsung DLPs are extremely nice for the price I know I can get them for. Well the guy just laughs and said a guy not 2 minutes ago got the last one. I was sort of heart broken...maybe if I had cut some old lady off driving, went through a couple lights I could've made it in time. Oh well...

Anyways, I'll keep on the look out for them and hopefully one of these days I'll be playing some 360 games. I was going to order it through some of the websites, but I hate that they all bundle them...that is the most annoying thing in the world.... Just let me buy what I want to buy!!!

Oh well. Enjoy your 360s!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    I added Alloroc to the 360 Live Member list.

Daryl..
    That is a hot car.
    I own about 19 right now,,My goal is to buy them all.:yesnod:

Leave a comment:

• Daryl Furkalo
    replied
    I finished PGR3 on silver with mostly a Class C Mercedes. I got very used to that car and never bothered trying a different one. Picked of Call of Duty 2 and will be starting the British mission next time I fire it up.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    BTW, I'm on XBOX live - here's my profile.

If there any PGR or Tiger Woods gamers out there, pop me an invite and we'll have a game or two.
    AllRoc,,Your profile is password protected.
    However there is another link you can use that
    allows viewing of your profile.
    See my link in my signature to see the url for it.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Been playing Project Gotham Racing on the XboX 360 for many hours last night.

I now own 10 Ferrari's which I have in my Desert Garage.
    I am working on buying all the Lambrogini's.
    I have 6 and just need one more.
    The last one will cost 625,000 credits to purchase.

Anyways,,This game is so great. There is so much variety
    that makes it a blast to play. Also in 720p the graphics are gorgious.
    My Favorite car right now is the Ferarri Enzo..Best handling and control and wickedly
    fast. Top speed so far was 330 kmph on a straight stretch of road.
    My fasterst car though is the Ferrari F50GT,,I can get it up to 340kmph on the
    straight stretch,,but the acceleration is insane.
    So far I have 106,000 Kudos Points.

I unlocked the Cadillac 16, but have not purchased it yet, but will very soon.

This game absolutely rocks!! :T :T :T

Check out my XBOX GameCard in my signature to see my
    overall Achievement points and some of the games I have been playing.

Leave a comment:

• Alloroc
    replied
    Originally posted by PewterTA
    It'd be nice is you could find the 360 premium packages...

Though I hear within the next month or so, that should be resolved and they will be available at most places (both premium and core editions)...
    For the past few weeks supply has overtaken demand for all things 360 related, in my part of the world. I'm now seeing combo offers and discounted deals with different retailers.

BTW, I'm on XBOX live - here's my profile.

If there any PGR or Tiger Woods gamers out there, pop me an invite and we'll have a game or two.

I'm thinking of getting FIFA 2006 next.

Leave a comment:

• PewterTA
    replied
    It'd be nice is you could find the 360 premium packages...

Though I hear within the next month or so, that should be resolved and they will be available at most places (both premium and core editions)...

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    Here is a picture of the XboX 360 Wireless adapter that fits neatly onto the back of the 360.
    Very handy and works great with my Linksys WRT 54GC Router.
    I also have the WEP 128 bIT security encryption turned on as well.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Schell
    replied
    The graphics are outstanding , especially with each game in HD,,So you can choose
    720p or 1080i. This and the new graphics processing power of the 360 makes this unit an incredible gaming machine.
    Also a great feature is the automatic sign in to XboX Live..where you can also download game demo's as well as movie trailers and other videos in HD 720p.
    Plus you can use Market Place points to purchase games or other media and download
    to your XboX 360.

Click my Gamer Card link in my signature to see the recent games I have played.
    Then click on the game icons to see my achievements in those games. :T

Leave a comment:

• P-Dub
    replied
    I'm going to get one. Just not right now. I like to wait a couple of years for more games and a cheaper buy in price. I'm still pretty happy with my Xbox. I just need more controllers and a couple more games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"