X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bimmer528
    • Sep 2004

Car addition bmw mp3 player

Not sure if this should go in this venue so sorry if its not right.

Is anyone familiar with any type of electronic I could add in my e39 97 bmw 528 for mp3's. Something maybe as a retrofit for those plugs in my trunk or something fm modulated remotly?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

bimmer, BMW now makes an "auxiliary input" that you can add to your vehicle. I think it's pretty much a 1/8" plug in your glove box that you can plug an iPod or other thinsg into to play through your stereo.

BTW, it's SOOO nice to see somebody use the term "Bimmer" properly!

Chris
    '01 525i Touring
    '04 330i Sedan w/ Performance Package
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• bimmer528
      • Sep 2004

I dont have such input bro...I was looking at the phat boxes and doing searches but thats the only thing i can find that would work with my head unit. Those cars are always hard to mess with....

Does anyone know if the phatbox vw model will work with the bims? I mean... they are the exact same except for the wire harness. What is strange is the vw's cost a couple houndred less then the bimmer's and they are the exact same phatbox's.

Add another 100 if you have dsp which I do.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Ah, no, what I mean is that BMW sells this "auxiliary input" as an OEM part from their parts department. You don't have to order it with a new vehicle. It is specifically designed to interface with the BMW head unit. You can either install it yourself or have a dealer install it for you. Just go to your dealer, make sure it works with your particular model, (it should) and buy one.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"