X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktaillon
    • Jun 2004

Harmony 520

I've been wanting to purchase the Harmony 880 but I now see the 520 series remote. This is a lesser of a remote but the price is right for a different room(bedroom, etc..).
    Has anyone purchased one or tried one in a store.

Any feedback would be great.
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

I just bought the 520 a few days ago and it's great!

I haven't tried the 880 but here is the good and the bad:

Good:
    - Doesn't look like an oversized peanut (my main complain about the 880 other then battery life)
    - Programming it is fairly easy and it's intuative enough for my wife to use the home theatre now
    - It has replicated most of the buttons so I have not needed the orginal remotes unless I am delving into the setup
    - Feels fairly well build (good heft to it for the size and fairly thin)
    - pretty sexy looking sitting on the coffee table

The bad:
    - 1/4 second lag between when the button is pressed and when the button press is transmitted
    - small cellular like buttons on the number pad but not the high priced cellular feel (IE: the button "throw" is rather long for a button that small... Sort of like a cheap cellular keypad... The remote is not for the hard core channel surfer)

Verdict: A keeper... At least until they pretty up the 880

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Just got one of these for decent price (I was up to ten remotes, it was getting out of hand). Took a few hours to get it running right (and I think one or two things still need tweaking) but the three main activities in the HT are now "one button activated".

Not as intuitive for some commands as I'd like, but for everyday use, I think it'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"