X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vonerick
    • Jan 2005

i got the XBox HD AV pack

i cant seem to get it to work, I switched the xbox settings to 1080i, and i tried 720p and neither one gives me HD quality. I dont think its switching the settings, because when i change the input on the tv to my dish 811 it shows 1080i, but when i go back to the xbox input is only shows 480i. What am i doing wrong?
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

you will only get 480p from 99.9% of the games. only very very few output in 720p and even less in 1080i.

720p games are amped 2 and maybe some of the sega sports games.

syberia does 1080i, and does that crappy matrix game.

turn all 3 settings to yes, and you should be getting 480p.

the only game I know of that is 480i and not 480p is "The Thing"

there might be more but off the top of my head thats all I can think of.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

This should be useful for you guys: http://www.impactsites2000.com/gamer...Games_xbox.htm
      My gear

Comment

• vonerick
        • Jan 2005

I think something must be wrong with my cables, because I'm getting a horrible picture with a buzz in the sound. My regular composite cables showed a wonderful picture with normal sound. With the HD cables, my screen is a greenish brown haze.

Comment

• Kyle
          • Jan 2005

Do you have the right component colors matched up to the right rca plugs?

My component hookup looks great (but I'm just using 480i).
          My gear

Comment

• junior77blue
            • Nov 2004

I remember I had problems with FABLE and 480p output. Known bug to the disc.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by vonerick
              I think something must be wrong with my cables, because I'm getting a horrible picture with a buzz in the sound. My regular composite cables showed a wonderful picture with normal sound. With the HD cables, my screen is a greenish brown haze.
              either your connections are messed up/backwards, or the cables are bad. you should have a great pic when its all working.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
              GameTracker -My List-
              Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• vonerick
                • Jan 2005

the connections are correct, i tried it in component input 2 and then I unhooked my dish 811 and tried it in component input 1. i then connected my old composite back up to my composite inputs and it lookd good. I'll try switching it around to see if the cables are colored wrong, if not then back to BBuy they go.

Comment

• basementjack
                  • Dec 2004

My Xbox is unusable at 480 i and below -the picture is just aweful - not bad on 480p.

Kung fu chaos is another game that's 480i only - and it's fuzzy as can be (on a 10 foot screen mind you - the stuff all looks mint hooked up to the 31" tv with the standard composite video cable.)

anhow, Add the tony hawk games to the 720p list - I have both TH4 and TH Underground (the first one) and they look great in 720p

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"