X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

rptv and Sony PS 2

I just recieved a Sony PS 2 for my b-day, the kids got me grand theft auto III and vice city (not hard to figure out what drove those gifts...) I have been playing them since last weekend and finally decided to read some of the literature that came with the PS 2. It says DO NOT USE WITH PROJECTION TV. I read thru my Toshiba 46H84 manual last night and could find no warnings pertaining to video games. Any video experts no why Sony puts this warning in their manual? Should I not be running into my Toshiba? Is it simply the burn in the stills will do to the phosphor or is there more to it than that? I am overly cautious about leaving "still" images on the monitor due to what I have read about the damage that can be done. Thanks, Bob
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Yes it's basically a warning because of stationary things like life meters etc. on video games that can cause burn-in. If you don't play for 6 hours a day almost everyday you should be OK. However there are no guarantees with phosphor based displays (CRT/Plasma) That said, millions of people play games on there sets with no problems. As long as you don't overdue it you should be fine.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

If your set is properly calibrated (that is, contrast is cranked way down for starters), the risk of uneven phosphor wear (aka burn-in) is greatly reduced. As long as you play games in moderation (no 12 hour marathons with one game), and mix with other sources (TV and movies) you should be fine.

For a worst case scenario for RPTV burn in, go to your nearest arcade or entertainment establishment and check out the games that use RPTV displays. Chances are you'll see severe burn in on those.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"