X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrWizerd
    • Sep 2004

Front projection

I have a 15x22 room, and need help with the screen and the projector, i mostly watch thru the night as i keep graveyard hours becaue i like it and i am going to be buying blackout curtians or makeing them with my own hands... and a machine :P. I just got thru writing a very detailed letter and it didnt post right, ugh, hehe. so i am going to be probbably overly brief.

I am lookign at the InFocus Home ScreenPlay 7205, Sanyo PLV-70, and the Sony Cineza VPL-HS20. I have kinda descided on the Sony because of the well balance of brightness vs. contrast. and the blacks are important to me. But i would still like for the screen to be visible during the day with some light. Wich the Sanyo will give a descnet picture in full light situations. But i will probably not be doing this often. I have also descided to get a manual pull screen so that i can focus on screen quality, basically a 6x8 screen. But i am not sure as to a good one to get, i need a good angle of viewing with focus ont the nice blacks and high definition. the dalights seem to be economical but i dont know if there good. I have about a 4-5 thousand doller budget immediatly, and really can spend more if i want, but the more i spend the fewer new speakers i get. well more specifically the lower the Hz response will be on my velodyne sub i am currently shooting for the 17hz one. and then slowly replace my current speakers with either monitor silvers or golds wich sound great, i am leaning towards the silvers because the center channel is almost indistinguishable from one another.

sorry abotu the formating i had it all nice and i am not sure if it will reject this one to thanks again for your help
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

My immediate response is that the Sony's claimed brightness is a load of crap, it is only about 1100-1200 lumens, not 1500. Other than that, it is a very nice PJ.

I have a PLV70, and it's brightness is probably about 1700-1800 after you calibrate it decently, and if you are after the brightest HT projector in the $5K price range, this is still it.

The IF is also very nice, and has all the advantages over both the Sony and the Sanyo that DLPs in general have over LCD, less so over the Sony, which has better contrast and smoothness of image than the Sanyo.

So I would say the IF will get you the nicest picture with enough brightness to handle a little ambient light, although the 70 is the brightest of the lot.

BB

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"