Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macallan
    • Aug 2006

Indoor TV for Outdoor use (under $500)

We are currently adding a covered deck to our house and would like to add a TV (ceiling mounted) that will sit in the upper corner of our covered deck. I have heard that buying a moderately price (less than $500) display is a good option vs. a true outdoor TV. This will be used almost exclusively for sports and I plan to use YouTube TV as the source so it needs to be a smart TV. I have found a Samsung 50" AU8000 for $450 that looks like a good option but wanted to know if anyone had any insight if other brands would hold up better for outdoor use? The TV will be under a roof and not directly exposed to the elements and I plan to purchase a protective cover for it when not in use. Any input would be helpful. I like Samsung but LG, Hisense, TCL, Sony, Vizio would all be potential options as well.

• technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I can't imagine any of them would necessarily be better in an outdoor environment than any other. I've had good luck with TCL so far in my 'budget' applications - though my first one did arrive with a broken screen. You can't really argue the price. I'd have to check if they have VESA mounts but I assume they do.
    - Danny

Comment

• theSven
      Master of None
      • Jan 2014

I tend to always go to Costco for a new screen and wait till I see a good deal there. All my TV's are LG, mainly because I like the menu system better. If you have a Costco, Sams, or BJ membership check there for any deals too.
      Painter in training

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"