X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Pick a display (Price no Object :p)

I thought I'd see what everyone would pick given each technologies +'s and -'s with absolutely NO budget, (you just won a BIG lotto!!! Yay for you :B ). I've left FP's out as one, they have their own section and two they have additional lighting concerns etc that would need to be adressed beyond these options.
    CRT based RPTV
    18.18%
    LCD based RPTV
    4.55%
    DLP based RPTV
    36.36%
    LCD Flat Panel
    22.73%
    Plasma Flat Panel
    18.18%
    Jason
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Well... with no budget constraints it's tougher to choose, especially when the poll doesn't specify any other criteria, such as room size, where the set would be going, what it's being used for (TV vs. Movies). But I'd still go CRT, they're the best overall, regardless of price.

In my case, if money were no object, I'd probably go with a CRT front projector, or a D-ILA. But those aren't choices.

Of course, there are places only a plasma or flat LCD will fit.

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

As Kevin said - it really depends on your living conditions, that is if we dont assume that the big lottery ticket also covers a new house..

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Well I was trying to keep it fairly vague but assume it's a room where lighting and size etc work best for one of the above technologies and FP is not an option.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• george_k
          • Jan 2004

I voted LCD, but that's assuming I could get one big enough ( > 40") today.

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

I was kinda torn between the LCD and LCD RPTV. I settled on the LCD mainly for the smaller form factor, if I wanted a huge screen then maybe the LCD RPTV, but I'd go FPTV for screen size.

I don't like Plasmas, most that I've seen still don't impress me and I've discovered that they draw an enourmous amount of power.

The DLP RPTV's that I've seen have been pretty crappy. I bet they weren't calibrated, and I've decided to quit going to stores and doing individual set calibrations.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Paul Wu
              The DLP RPTV's that I've seen have been pretty crappy. I bet they weren't calibrated, and I've decided to quit going to stores and doing individual set calibrations.
              One of the Futureshop salesmen caught me calibrating (by eye) a Samsung DLP a few weeks ago. Let's just say the conversation was funny.... :B A friend of mine later told me it's hilarious going shopping with me as I tend to know WAY more than the salespeople and he swears he saw me almost make one cry...that's what he say's anyhow.... :lol:

Jason
              Jason

Comment

• Bam!
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2004

Hey Jason!

Well here's my 2 cents!

Sony Qualia-004 Projector at only 27 000$ Us buck a rooneys!

:E

It is quite something though....It gives you the giggles when you look at the picture....
                Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

:rofl: That wasn't on the list for a reason Bam! :rofl: If you won the lotto that'd FP would be in a nice light controlled custom theatre you built in your 8000 square foot house next the bar/pool room just off the indoor pool with french doors out to your back patio :B I'm talking about the display that might go in the living room or maybe bedroom or heck maybe the bar/pool room :B

Jason
                  Jason

Comment

• Bam!
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                    :rofl: That wasn't on the list for a reason Bam! :rofl: If you won the lotto that'd FP would be in a nice light controlled custom theatre you built in your 8000 square foot house next the bar/pool room just off the indoor pool with french doors out to your back patio :B I'm talking about the display that might go in the living room or maybe bedroom or heck maybe the bar/pool room :B

Jason
                    I see no problem. :B

:

:lol:
                    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"