How far off center can the Z2 be placed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marco10
    • May 2004

How far off center can the Z2 be placed?

I need some help before deciding on a projector. I am eyeing the Sanyo Z2. I need to know if the projector has to be centered to the screen or can the lense shift allow me to place it off center. If so, how far to the left or right can I place the projector before it gets to the point where I can't go further? I am planning to place the projector about 30 inches to the right of the center of the screen. Will the lense shift bring the image onto the 106" screen?
    :righton:
  • Glen
    • Dec 2003

Here is a link to the Z2 owners manual. t has a very useful chart in it to answer your question.

Z2 Manual

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I looked at the manual, but it wasn't exactly clear. I can check mine this weekend. The manual does state however, the best image will be using the lens shift centers. (left/right up/down)

How far off center axis are you? I will say that regardless of projector brand, your going to find that lens shifting is best centered.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'd guess at best a several inches from the lens centre which is off set already from the body of the unit.

Comment

• marco10
          • May 2004

Thanks Guys!

Thanks to all that commented on my question. I have purchased the Z2 and have found it to be amazingly easy to setup. I decided to mount it on the ceiling and have not needed to use keystone correction, I have however used the lense shift to slighty bring the image down on to the screen. Having loads of fun watching DVD and HDTV and tweaking this projector.
          :righton:

Comment

• Glen
            • Dec 2003

:T - enjoy

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"