X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

Sony KDL40xbr2 and Directv

I have the H10-250 box from Directv and was just curious what the opitimal setting for its video output you would all use. The options are 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i. I currently have it set at 720p and the picture is pretty good. Any recommendations and am I on the right track here?

Thanks,
    Shane
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Most HD is in 1080i....that's likely your best bet to avoid multiple instances of unnecessary scaling
    Jason

Comment

• peterS
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

i have it on native setting
      if its 720 it outputs 720
      if its 1080i it outputs 1080i

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Unfortunately the DirecTIVO doesn't support native.. When native isn't an option I've found boxes do a better job upscaling 720 then downscaling 1080. And since your TV scales everything to 1080p anyway, my vote is 1080i.

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Unfortunately the DirecTIVO doesn't support native.. When native isn't an option I've found boxes do a better job upscaling 720 then downscaling 1080. And since your TV scales everything to 1080p anyway, my vote is 1080i.

Kevin D.
          Yup my cable STB (Motorola 6412) doesn't support native either only 720p or 1080i and I found the same results you mentioned.
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"