X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Keystone Correction

Just posting this to help explain keystone correction as I had a PM about it. (Love these new features like PM by the way :T )

Jason
    Attached Files
    Jason
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Jason!

The thing is with Keystone though is if you do very minor picture corrections...it rules but if you really have to play around with it.....it stretches the image....that makes me :M ...so you are still stuck unscrewing and replacing your FP

Anyways just my 2 cents!

Scotch anyone ? :lol:
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Agreed Bam, if you have to use keystone correction to a large degree, you should seriously consider relocating your FP to a more optimal position in relation to your screen. Worse than stretching the image you actually lose resolution using keystone correction 8O On small amounts of correction the small amount of loss shouldn't really matter but on large correction you'll end up losing a LOT of detail :naughty:

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Like what Bam! said, keystone correction should only be used for minor adjustments. Also, horizontal keystone correction shouldn't be necessary at all if you have the PJ correctly mounted at the horizontal center of the screen.

CRT projectors, being analog beasts, don't lose much resolution as a result of keystone correction. Digital projectors do, since they're fixed-pixel displays. Maybe someone should invent a digital projector where keystone adjustments are made by physically changing the angle of the LCD or DLP panels inside the projector. Then you don't add digital artifacts or waste pixels for keystone adjustment. Probably easier said than done though... but maybe some megabuck projector could offer that feature.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"