X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jurgen
    • Jul 2003

stuck with automatic greyscale

Hi Guys,

A few weeks back I’ve read something on this forum about the automatic greyscale in the sanyo plv z2 and z1. Since I own the latter (and always on the lookout for image improvements), I’ve switched the setting to “on”. I sure do appreciate the difference: the picture(dvd progressive scan) has much more depth. It was just what the doctor ordered.

There is one big downside however, the picture starts to flicker in places (with dark images): as if the projector is constantly searching for the optimal contrast(the image switches from dark to light). It is not eminently visible, but things can hardly be subtle when you project over 7 feet wide. :twisted:

So now I am stuck: I can’t put up with the “flickering” but I don’t want to go back to the other settings. I’ve tried to calibrate the picture without the automatic greyscale, but thus far I could not recreate the same image quality.

Any ideas, clues, hints etc…would be greatly appreciated!

Jurgen
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"