X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Samsung HLN5065 ISF Calibrated

I finally paid the CDN $350.00 and had my set ISF calibrated. The calibration was done by Michael Chen or better known as Michael TLV on forums. He came over at around 6:00 PM and was working on my set until about 11:00 PM tweaking and adjusting. So what is the difference in PQ you may ask, well, I do not have the green tint that is usually present on the Samsung sets and the colors are a lot better. Did I see an improvement right a way, absolutely. Was the improvement night and day, no it was not. Was it worth it to spend the money for this calibration, for me, it definitely was.

For you guys who want the numbers, Michael had no problem with me posting the results so you can get the results posted here (see my post on the thread) as an excel sheet ziped (thanks arungupta for this spread sheet). We did the calibration for the component input (components 1) using 480i and 480p signals from my DVD player. We did not use a signal generator to calibrate for 720 p, but from my viewing, the colors are very good for HD channels. Finally, I will not take any responsibility for this results to work for your TV, nor take any responsibility for you guys going into the SM settings of your TV to change things. I assume everybody knows they should write down the original setting before changing any settings in SM menus.

Please be advised that my user settings at the bottom of the sheet are not correct. I am still playing around with those settings for best results.

My TV set: HLN5065
    Firmware: 306

Thanks,
    Maziar
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Thanks Maziar, I'm sure a few of our perspective Sammy DLP owners will find it quite helpful

I suppose whith everything digital on these sets, other than correcting the grayscale there isn't many areas to see improvement unlike CRT based sets with geometry, oversan etc. I guess when you start at "great" there's less of a significant jump to "awesome"

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

Yes, there are not that much you can do except to set gamma and the grays-cale. We maybe could have fine tune the results for each input and get a little better colors, but I am very happy with the TV PQ right now.

Thanks,
      Maziar

Comment

• mazuly
        • Feb 2003

Hi guys,

I actually had some mistakes in the SM values I posted erlier on the other thread.

Please use the file on this post instead.

Thanks,
        Maziar

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"