X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacherman
    • Jan 2004

Vizio

I was tossing around the idea of using the other closet for my equipment and putting a 27" TV ( for regular tv ) in front of the side of the glass slider that doesn’t open. But, while looking at TV’s the wife was adamant about not having a large unit again. So, the next isle brought us to LCD’s and my wife said one of the strangest things, “Let’s buy that”. After checking to make sure she wasn’t a pod person I had her go back, pick out the one she liked and buy it - today, without any research (not like me at all). I can return it if I’m not happy but it should be interesting.

This is the TV...What do ya’ll think?

Deacon

Check out - www.dvdprofiler.com
    My Collection
    Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

There's a lot to be said for the lightweight nature of the LCDs, Plasmas. I think you made a pretty nice choice there. This is for TV only, using a projector for movies, right?

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

seen those, not bad for the money, just remember the res is just standard VGA (640X480), so it won't look like a bigger computer style LCD display. Think, "chunky pixels". But at a reasonable viewing distance it should be OK.

Happy viewing!

~Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Preacherman
        • Jan 2004

Ok…It’s going back.

I don’t know the proper terminology for when you have a blank signal coming through and you see a hourglass effect (lighter on the sides) but this unit has it bad.

I like the idea of light weight and no bulk and I will probably go this rout in the future just not this unit and not now. Going back to a standard 27” to get me through the project phase for normal viewing at ¼ the cost.

Lex …Oh yes…Still going with the projector and Btw I will probably need to get with you on a estimate for my cabling as soon as I figure out what I need and how much.

Deacon

Check out - www.dvdprofiler.com
        My Collection
        Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"