When do the new Toshiba RPTV's come out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

When do the new Toshiba RPTV's come out?

I'm in the market for a Toshiba RPTV. The current 57H83 I've found at Best Buy for $1799 + Tax but I've also found them online for $1480 + shipping but they are now out of stock(Go figure!). I wonder if Toshiba is coming out with a new model shortly(with HDMI)?

I might be better off to wait a bit..

I didn't plan on spending more than $1900 US for a new set right now but If I did I wasn't going to stick with Toshiba and just go with the Hitachis that I've heard so many good things about or the Mits even though their stretch modes are crap.

Any advise is appreciated.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

From past years... Toshiba's new models tend to come out in August-September'ish. So it's not really that close. Besides if you plan on waiting for that "next thing" in a model, you'll never buy a TV!

I personally own a Hitachi and love it. They're my pick for RPTV's. Toshiba being a close second. (Mitsubishi's aren't available up here in Canada ) I'm sure you'll be happy with either company but make sure you have a good look at both companies. Try to take a calibration disc like Avia or Video Essentials down and calibrate both sets so you can see what each one looks like at it's best. (Make sure you turn off VSM/SVM and sharpness on both sets!)

Also after you've calibrated them, watch some of your favourite scenes on DVD's that you know well. Try to pick movies with varrying qualities like lot's of bright colours- (What Dreams May Come, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo etc) dark movies- (Matrix) direct digital- (Star Wars, Once Upon a Time in Mexico). Also if the store has a HD feed or D-VHS deck, try to watch HD material on them too. Then decide which set you like best based on most natural colours, better black level etc

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Shane, the Toshiba 57HX93 is a sure winner.
      I just picked one up and absolutely love it.
      It's by far the best TV I have ever owned and I have owned several and still do
      Hi-Def is literally 3 dimensional.

If you are looking at the Hitachi models, the 57X500 is supposed to be real sweet. Unfortunately the X series are not available in Canada. :?

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"