X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Tweakes to Sanyo Z1/ Studio Experience 1HD

Ok so now that there's at least 4 of us here that own this wonderful budget PJ what tweaks have you found to improve its performace?

So far I've used Avia to calibrate the RGB gain's and gamma settings and purchased a Hoya FL-D filter to help with the green push. I haven't yet gone into the service menu but I might venture there this weekend. I also just purchased a component to VGA converter which should improve the detail a bit. I noticed on the avia resolution charts that when I use my notebook connected to the VGA inputs I can resolve quite a bit more resolution then I do on the component inputs from the DVD player which seems consistent with what other people have found so it will be interesting to see how much of an improvement I see with the converter in place.

You must also take into account the screen and to that end my painted screen sits nicely between the stewart greyhawk and the firehawk. Mine is brighter then the greyhawk and has much better white level but its not quite as good as the $$$ firehawk. I might try to improve my screen one more time but I'm in no hurry given how well the current one performs.
    So what have you done?

• efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

I too used Avia but did not adjust any of the RBG or gamma settings, just the color, contrast, etc...as necessary. I have a Da-Lite HCCV (Grey) screen and litterally after setting the PJ to "Cinema" mode I didn't have to make ANY adjustments at all....I should also mention I'm not a huge "Tweaker" but I didn't see much need...settings were right on out of the box on my unit and with my screen and lighting conditions.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

E! I think you'd like the FL-D filter tweak given how cheap it is and the noticable improvement in fleshtones:T

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

I'll claim ignorance is bliss on this one...for "I nor anyone else" has claimed fleshtone problems...so when you come and visit don't complain, just say it's the best thing you've ever seen and I'll continue in my bliss!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

Originally posted by efarstad
          ...for "I nor anyone else" has claimed fleshtone problems...
          Ahem, E -- only the Hulk is supposed to appear green. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Well, I guess I don't see "enough" green to make me worry about anything...I'm half death in one ear I must be half/green sighted in my eyes! :P

When I upgrade to a higher resolution/HD projector....maybe then I worry about getting everything all dialed up perfectly...and invite you all over to help me tweak!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'm half death in one ear
              Well that explains a lot :twisted:

Seriously though I didn't see it too bad either till I started looking for it and now when you A-B with and without the filter its very obvious :roll:

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

I knew my "deafness" would bring out the best in you fellas!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Originally posted by efarstad
                  Well, I guess I don't see "enough" green to make me worry about anything...I'm half death in one ear I must be half/green sighted in my eyes! :P
                  Uh.... take off the pot-smoking green tinted hippy glasses, buddy! :LOL:

CHRIS
                  Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• Energeezer
                    • Sep 2002

Don't worry E
                    Many of us have hearing and vision problems in our early yrs and judging by yur picture you still have a little maturing to do.
                    You'll grow out of it.

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
                    The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"