Optoma projector?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mattyboy
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2003
    • 9

    #1

    Optoma projector?

    Can anyone comment on the quality/reliability of Optoma projectors? Specifically, my father is considering purchasing a H30 or H50. I have no knowledge of projectors, but could anyone point out the pros/cons of either/each?

    Thanks.
  • Dean McManis
    Senior Member
    • May 2003
    • 762

    #2
    H30
    -------------------------------------------
    MSRP (USD) : $ 1,399
    Brightness (Lumens) : 800 ANSI
    Contrast: ANSI: Full On/Off: 2000:1
    Weight: 4.4 lbs.
    Size (inches) (HxWxD) : 3.4 x 10.7 x 8.3
    Throw Dist (feet) : 3.9 - 32.8
    Image Size (inches) :
    Lens: Focus: Manual
    Zoom: Manual, 1.20:1
    Optional Lenses: No
    Digital Zoom: Yes
    Keystone Correction: Digital
    Lens Shift:
    Compatibility: HDTV:
    1080i,720p
    EDTV/480p: Yes
    SDTV/480i: Yes
    Component Video: Yes
    Video: Yes
    Digital Input: No
    Personal Computers: Yes
    Networking: Wired:
    No
    Wireless: No
    Warranty: 2 Years
    Lamp: Type:
    180W P-VIP
    Life: 2000 hours
    Quantity: 1
    Display: Type:
    0.6" DLP (1)
    Native: 800x600 Pixels
    Maximum: 1280x1024 Pixels
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (SVGA)
    Performance:
    H-Sync Range: 15.0 - 70.0kHz
    V-Sync Range: 43 - 85Hz


    -------------------------------------
    H50
    -------------------------------------

    MSRP (USD) : $ 2,995
    Brightness (Lumens) : 1200 ANSI
    Contrast: ANSI: Full On/Off: 800:1
    Weight: 6.4 lbs.
    Size (inches) (HxWxD) : 3.3 x 10.9 x 8.9
    Throw Dist (feet) : 3.7 - 39.4
    Image Size (inches) : 22.4 - 281.1
    Lens: Focus: Manual
    Zoom: Manual, 1.20:1
    Optional Lenses: No
    Digital Zoom: Yes
    Keystone Correction: Digital
    Lens Shift: No
    Compatibility: HDTV:
    1080i,720p,575i
    EDTV/480p: Yes
    SDTV/480i: Yes
    Component Video: Yes
    Video: Yes
    Digital Input: DVI
    Personal Computers: Yes
    Networking: Wired:
    No
    Wireless: No
    Warranty: 3 Years
    Lamp: Type:
    200W UHP
    Life: 2000 hours
    Quantity: 1
    Display: Type:
    0.7" DLP (1)
    Native: 800x600 Pixels
    Maximum: 1024x768 Pixels
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (SVGA)
    Performance:
    H-Sync Range: 15.0 - 100.0kHz
    V-Sync Range: 43 - 120Hz

    For the manfacturer's specs it looks like the H50 costs almost twice as much as the H30, and adds 50% more light (but with lower contrast) and DVI input.

    It's hard to say what the street prices of these units will be, but most likely the H30 will be hard-lined selling for MSRP of $1399, and the H50 will be discounted to around $2299.

    For me, the $1400 H30 looks attractive as an alternative to a RPTV 8) , but at $2300 and only SVGA resolution, the H50 is not that appealing.

    -Dean.

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • Dean McManis
      I just ordered a new Acer PH530 projector.
      by Dean McManis
      Admittedly, it's just another stop-gap unit that I'm going to use when i want to play games or bring a projector and PC to play movies at friend's houses.

      I just couldn't pass it up. :B

      I certainly know that the 1080p FPTVs are coming down in price and up in quality,...
      12 October 2007, 15:09 Friday
    • sirbogey
      ANSI lumen
      by sirbogey
      I've read somewhere that ANSI lumen for data projectors is not the same as lumen for HT. Can somebody confirm that? My previous Optoma pj had 1600 ANSI lumen but was a data projector being used for HT. I'm about to get the PT-AE900 with 1100 lumen for HT. Are those 2 approx the same, or am I completely...
      18 July 2006, 06:53 Tuesday
    • Crowman
      Blown Pixels?
      by Crowman
      I have a sanyo LCD projector and it seems like 2 of the pixels on the screen are NOT changing colour. I fear that this is a huge problem. Does anyone know of a fix? The bulb is brand new and I have cleaned the lense... any ideas?
      28 January 2005, 17:11 Friday
    • Trevor Schell
      Sanyo PLV-Z2 & Studio Experience Matinee 2HD Discussion Thread
      by Trevor Schell
      This thread will be dedicated to the discussions of the new Sanyo PLV-Z2
      and clone, which is the Boxlight Studio Experience Matinee 2HD.

      Here are the specs of the two units.

      PLV-Z2 /Matinee 2HD

      * Technology: Polysilicon
      * Resolution: 1280x720...
      12 February 2004, 15:13 Thursday
    • LuttjL
      Difference sub "yes" and sub "no"
      by LuttjL
      I have done my very best trying to find more info on this but couldn't find it anywhere in the forum so here we go;

      I have a Denon 2800mkII connected to a 1066 via coax. All speakers are set to LARGE and a REL sub is connected on line to LFE out aswell aswell as the high input is connected...
      08 October 2003, 06:29 Wednesday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"