X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

$1000US what's the best PJ?

If you had a $1000US budget to spend on a digital projector what would you get? The Infocus X1 seems like a good buy?

• Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

The other hot contender in this class: Panasonic's little LCD:

Panasonic PT-L300U projector specs, projector reviews and current street prices.

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Andrew, I doubt if you'd find either of the two mentioned for $1000 US. I believe the X1 is going for somewhere betwen $1400 to $1700 and the Panny for just under $2000. But you never know.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Gordon Moore
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Feb 2002

Sounds like Pratt's getting a healthy return this year
        Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Greg_W
          • Sep 2002

My parents saw a projector at Costco for $1600can and I heard on another forum that X1's were at Costco, I'm not sure if this was the same one that my parents saw. This canadian website sells it for $1649 http://www.cendirect.com/main_en/tab_01.asp. I have also been looking at projectors and Healey Visual Inc is a Infocus dealer in Winnipeg (772-9638 ). I was concerned about rainbows so I chose to order a Sanyo Z1 and should get it next week. Both sound like good budget projectors. If you would like to have a look at it when it comes in, drop me an email.

Greg
          Greg

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'd love to come over and see that PJ! Nice to hear there's someone in town as well that's into projectors...I'll drop you an email shortly. The PJ your parents saw at costco was an Epson model. I've seen the X1 on a few canadian sites for around $1600 cdn. There's a strong chance though that I'll be getting my projector while I'm in the states in june doing some programming work for a client.

Comment

• Brandon B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Brandon B
              The other hot contender in this class: Panasonic's little LCD
              BB
              Changed my mind. I've now seen the little Sanyo Z1, and think it is a pretty good deal for the $1400 or so U.S. it goes for.

It is also sold as a boxlight. You might check with AVS and see what kind of deals they are doing on this machine.

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

I saw a demo of the Z1 not too long ago and was quite taken with its excellent image for the price.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

AVS is having a sale on the X1 as well for about $1200US not incl the rebate so its a great buy at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"