X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Kowerchuk
    • Sep 2000

RPTV Custom Screens - What's The Deal??

OK, so I have heard that replacing the high gain screen in an RPTV will yield fantastic benefits...but have yet to hear any first-hand reports.

I contacted Da-Lite about their offerings. Its gonna be expensive, so this isn't something I want to just jump into.

The only "report" I have is from Michael TLV, who calibrated a Toshiba set with one of these replacement screens. Michael, if you're listening...I was a bit confused by your report. On the one hand, you complained of "milky blacks", due to the colour of the screen itself, as well as horrendous "internal reflections". On the other though, you compare the image quality to that of a high-end FPTV - yet your complaints would seem to dispute this. Could you clarify?

Incidentally, I have absolute 100% control over ambient lighting, so that is not an issue.

Would replacing my set's (Tosh 56H80) screen with a screen from Da-Lite improve things - to the point of justifying the high price of admission??

____
    Jeff
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Can anyone tell me how you get gain out of a screen that is supposed to pass as much of the picture through the screen as it can?
    I find this idea of RPTV screen gain to be an oxymoron???

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"