X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markjrho
    • Sep 2005

Last of the Pioneers!

Hey, a local dealer is getting rid of the last few of his Pioneer plasmas and just to get some more sales in, he brought in some "krp600" models from Europe. Im assuming this is the same as the U.S. models, just different model designations. Also, he was talking about $2,200 for the krp600, I believe.

What do you think, is it worth looking into? :huh: He said he'd take a deposit to hold it until I was ready to buy.
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

If it is the same as the US model (and I do have doubts), it is a steal at $2200. Take a look at the thread on AVSforum that compares all the recent Pioneer Kuro and non-Kuro models for information.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• aquaanox
      • Feb 2007

im depressed that the japanese and us made pioneer plasmas will be no more.. i guess i have to hold on to my kuro foreva!

Comment

• markjrho
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by aquaanox
        im depressed that the japanese and us made pioneer plasmas will be no more.. i guess i have to hold on to my kuro foreva!
        So am I. I have finally put myself in financial position to purchase one, especially at the lower prices, and now I run the risk of never getting one.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by markjrho
          So am I. I have finally put myself in financial position to purchase one, especially at the lower prices, and now I run the risk of never getting one.
          Panasonic will release at CES 2010 an new Plasma that will replace and be better Pioneer Kuro they bought the patents from Pioneer

Panasonic's next-generation IPS-Alpha :T:T:T

We've seen some dark, dark panels in our day, but Panasonic's next-generation IPS-Alpha has us all sorts of hot and bothered. Unlike Pioneer's plasmas of yesteryear, the prototype seen here at CEATEC has wide angle viewing down to an art, and the image quality was simply stunning. Fast moving objects slid in with nary a jagged edge in sight, while the production unit on the left produced a noticable and continual blur. When portraying a pitch black background, it's easy to see just how much darker the IPS-Alpha panel was compared to the next best thing. Have a peek at the video below for a more personal peek, and look forward to us prying out some sort of price and release estimate when the company shows this again at CES. You will have that information at CES, right Panny? %Gallery-74744%

I want one of course that will keep me happy until 2012 when OLED 65 inch is available and at a price I can afford :B
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• markjrho
            • Sep 2005

Thanks for that info. Maybe I'll hold off form my purchase to see what these new Panny's look like.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"