X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

TC-P54V10 Seen one in action?

Just curious if any of you have had a look at this display? Before too long here Diana and I will be moving into our own place again (it can't come soon enough!) and I gave away my 50" SXRD RPTV to my brother in law as it has had some small issues and kind of just want an upgrade. Basically it's coming down to this unit, a sammy LED LCD which is kind of at the bottom of the pile on my list due to some poor reviews compared to the Panny Plasma's and then also high on my list is a DLP/LCD projector or possibly even an older CRT projector with new tubes. Honestly I expect I can use any of the options as generally I will adapt my viewing space for whatever I end up buying. Luckily my wife is very understanding and doesn't mind me blacking out windows for a projector setup So basically I'm kind of pondering idea's right now. I'd love a projector....just something magical about a nice projector playing 1080p on a 80-120" screen. But even the nicest projectors won't match the black levels of the V10 series plasma's and even better black level of the Pioneer which I don't think is going to be much of an option as it costs even more then the CRT projector I'd get with brand new tubes.

• Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hmm maybe it's too new I'll have to try and find a place that has one. I'm really considering a top end CRT unit though like the Sony G90 or something. I've always loved the picture coming out of those things. But a digital projector is still more simple. And a direct view display is even more so. I just have to decide what I really want.

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

My brother in law just got a Panny plasma (don't know the model number--I didn't think to ask, silly me). He and his wife know nothing of setting up TVs and such, so I did one simple thing to improve the picture (set it to Cinema mode instead of Standard--showed them what Vivid looked like to let them know it was best to put it in Cinema mode). I did not have my DVE disc or even a THX optimizer disc on hand, so that was the best I could do. Even that minimal tweaking of the image made it look great and got me seriously thinking of saving up for a plasma to eventually replace my front projector. My projector looks fine but, occasionally, suffers from colour uniformity issues (not uncommon with a 3LCD projector). Also, I use a small (for a pj) screen because my room is small--64 inch 16:9. I think I can get 2-3 more good years out of it but I'm seriously tempted to set aside extra cash for a 65 inch Panny plasma if my Brother in law's is any indication (while I don't know the model number, I do know it is not the top of the line model, so I can only imagine what the V10 will look like).

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

The V10 reviews seem to be very very good. I don't think CRT projectors suffer from color uniformity issues or anything though Biggest down fall is size...

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Can't say for certain about the particular model (off the top of my head) but Panny was the leading value/dollar set out their in this guy's humble opinion and from what I've seen and read in reviews they seem to get better each generation. There's better sets out there but not for the money IMO.
          Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well I read a couple more reviews and apparently this ones just below the Pioneer as far as performance goes. Also it's one of the few plasma's that can correctly do 24p. The 58" is coming out soon so that could be an option as well. After all if you are upgrading a TV you gotta go bigger right :B

Comment

• Race Car Driver
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Yep

I picked up the new TC-P65V10 a few nights ago. Replacing my Sony KDL-XBR6 52 incher.

I loved the Sony its an awesome set, however I couldnt pass up the chance to fit a 65" Plasma inbetween my front windows. I have 63" in between the frames and the new Panny is 62" wide. 8O 8)

I don't have any good pics yet, hell, its not even mounted on the wall yet. (I hope to do that tonight with the help of the lady)

With the little bit I have been able to watch it, let me say I have no regrets so far...

Almost went with the 58, it would have saved me about $800, but they just sold the only one they had in a few hrs earlier, and I originally went to look for the 65er. (which wasnt on display)

Let me say, all of the sudden the sound in the room got alot "bigger" having this big ass plasma inbetween the 802s. ;x( I really want an HTM1D now....
              (ignore the little baby klipsche "center" its temporary, just like the coffee table) ops: :lol:

Notice the pop can for reference. :lol:

B&W

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Nicely done Christopher :T
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"