• brendon
    • Aug 2004

New Epson 1080 models

Here are some links showing a number of new epson 1080 models

brendon
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Yeah this is about what I figured, There is going to be lots of reasons not to buy a Sony VW70 thats for sure. Why spend 8500 when you can get all the performance for 4500 or even less.

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

I have not posted for sometime. However I am in the market for a projector. My dealers in the area are llimited to the Epson and Mits. Have narrowed down to the 1080p models and this is what I am told.
      Epson 1080p 2200.00
      Mits 4900 1800.00

Can get the ub model but the cost is about 400.00 more. They want me to buy the Sreen Innovations 100" fixed frame for about 700.00 more. I have been reading and both projectors are well received and get the best reviews.

Would like to get the real world thoughts on these two.

1. Which one and why?
      2. Is one better then the other as the same price point.

My room is about 18x 22 and will have a throw about 15'. We will be sitting directly under he unit.

I was hoping for a 100" screen and a 1.0 gain on a white screen. There will be alittle ambient light. But for the most part a dark room.

I also understand that the new Epson models will ship in Nov. Does anyone think I should wait?

My budget is about $2k.

Thanks

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

UB is the one thats worthwhile if your not willing to wait for the new models. Not sure about that mitsu.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"