Measurements:

JVC DLA-HD1 $6,299

Review:

Measurements:
    Jason
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Interesting, Jason, thanks! I actually hadn't heard of the JVC. I knew of the RS1, but not the HD1. Interesting that in their summary of the "Rodeo", they picked the Sony projector over the Mitsubishi and JVC. Maybe I should take another look at the Pearl?

I'm actually thinking that I'll wait another 4-6 months and hopefully catch a new model that might come on the market around the New Year. I haven't heard of specific models coming, but I figure the next wave of 1080p PJ's to hit the market might be JUST RIGHT in terms of performance vs. price. Perhaps the next release from Panasonic or Sony? Epson to me always brings connotations of cheap dot matrix printers from the 1980's.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dean McManis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2003

Yeah, thanks Jason.

Although most people have already read this Projector Central 1080p FPTV review I'll add the link here:
      A summary of reviews of 1080p projectors from Fall 2006 to April 2007, with several updates. Summaries include highlights and limitations of each model, and relevant comparative notes.

Plus I'll add the point that even though there is not much of a street discount available on the Epson or JVC projectors, the Sony, Panasonic and Mitsubishi 1080p FPTVs can be bought for MUCH less than their MSRP prices. Which affects their relative value for buyers.

I am also holding off a bit until the next generation 1080p models come out, as my 720p model still looks great and I'm hoping for a brighter 1080p FPTV with the RS-1/HD-1's non-iris contrast, for under $3K, street-price. Which I'm expecting to see within a year from now.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dean McManis
        I am also holding off a bit until the next generation 1080p models come out, as my 720p model still looks great and I'm hoping for a brighter 1080p FPTV with the RS-1/HD-1's non-iris contrast, for under $3K, street-price. Which I'm expecting to see within a year from now.
        For those reasons I'd be hard pressed to pay more than the $3k for the Epson at this point in time...all it really lacks is a bit of light output and a touch of sharpness compared to the rest and otherwise seems to measure quite well.
        Jason

Comment

• draganm
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
          Interesting, Jason, thanks! I actually hadn't heard of the JVC. I knew of the RS1, but not the HD1. Interesting that in their summary of the "Rodeo", they picked the Sony projector over the Mitsubishi and JVC. Maybe I should take another look at the Pearl?
          I saw the sony Pearl and JVC RS1 side by side. Only a mentaly impaired, half-blind person would pick the Pearl and only then because it's louder and easier to point out when your blind. :B

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Aw, c'mon, Draganm, quit being so diplomatic, and tell us what you really think! :W

~Jon
            the AudioWorx
            Natalie P
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
            Obi-Wan
            Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
            Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"