X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finleyville
    • Sep 2006

Hitachi home service repair problem HELP

Anyway...

After researching my convergence problem on my 43UWX10B I decided to call a professional to change out my convergence IC's and any other resistors/parts necessary.

The tech only changed out the IC's to the original 110 series. I inquired about the 150 or 180 series IC's and he told me that the whole circuit would have to be modified to accept these. (I didn't think so.) I also asked if the resistors were good because the IC's would blow if these were bad. He said he checked these and they were good.

Well, the set only lasted for 5 days before the convergence became wacked again. It is obvious that the IC's blew. My receipt says that there is no warranty on any labor or parts. But 5 days seems like bad troubleshooting skills and not parts failure.

What recourse should I have? I do not want to shell out another $320 to have this set fixed when it wasn't correctly done in the first place. Even though there is no stated warranty, isn't the repair service responsible for the work they did/failed to do?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
    BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"