X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Thinking......Z2000, W5000 or maybe HD1

Ok so here's the deal I could probably stretch a tiny bit (still within comfort) and afford a JVC HD1 (RS1 replacement) My question is do you guys think its worth the extra cost over the Benq W5000 or the Sanyo PLV-Z2000? And if its not which do you think is the better option? I guess the Panasonic goes in there too.....I'm guessing the answer is going to be if I can afford the HD1 go for it though.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Thinking I may just go with the W5000 and use the savings for some other stuff Although I'm not sure what as I'm already getting a new amp and receiver....

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

As I mentioned in Home Brew, I just did the same research 9 months ago, and decided on the Panny AE2000 for various reasons. It got the best reviews, had the best performance for the price, and I've had good experiences with Panasonic FP's before. I'm very happy with it, and made the right choice.

If I had a whole lot more money than I do, I would have gone with the JVC, but it's so much more money, that it would not have been worth it to me. It gives a better performance, but at a much, much higher cost.

If you're interested, I've always been hooked up really well with Ryan Schneegold at the Projector People, with great prices and discounts. Tell him I sent you.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Hmm think he'll match ebay and other places? lol There was a guy on ebay selling the 1080UB with an extra bulb and mount and stuff. I don't really want to spend more then 2500 unless its on the HD1. The RS2 is of course my dream but thats just an uncomfortable amount of money for me at the moment

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Yeah the RS2 was out of my budget range, too when I wanted to upgrade to 1080p. I went with the BenQ W10000 and have been very happy with the purchase. I'm not familiar with the W5000, but if it is anything like the W10K, it will be a worthy consideration IMHO.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Yeah I think I'm going to hold off for another 6 months or so. Maybe the HD1 or even the RS2 will come down to my price range. Not like my TV now is small its a 50" 1080p RPTV so I can live Projector central rated the W5000 pretty high in their comparison tests. But I think I can just wait a little while longer and see what kind of deals I can get at the beginning of the year.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yikes, I'd be very leary of buying a projector off of Ebay, unless I knew the dude or something.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Well...I don't know I guess everyones different but I've had good luck with ebay. But I probably won't purchase a projector off there as there are a lot of authorized online stores that get close to the price of ebay.

Comment

• Dean McManis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • May 2003

I've successfully bought two projectors off of E-bay, but you have to really do your research about the seller's business. If you can get a local store to match (or come close to) those prices then that's the best bet.

Also in the same price range is the new Mitsu HC5500, which replaces the HC4900 1080p FPTV, and boasts more brightness, better contrast than the previous model, and an impressive 5000hr bulb life in Eco mode.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

yeah but I don't think the Mitsu is on par with the Panasonic or the Sanyo.

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

I am enjoying my Sanyo Z2000! Especially for a net of 1500.
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

Yeah I think the price is now a bit higher then that as you got an awesome deal I can wait a little longer its not like I'm suffering with my small 50" TV :B Maybe first 1/4 next year the RS1 or RS2 or one of the nicer units will be down in my price range.

Comment

• Lex
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Apr 2001

I guess they really wanted to get some units out there with a 600.00 rebate at the time! Largest rebate I ever received. lol. I think it was like 2150 - rebate, maybe 1550 net. Free upgrade shipping as they messed up at first and didn't get my order out as they were supposed to!
                          Doug
                          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

Hmm well I'm looking once again.... Right now my main considerations are

JVC DLA-HD1

Epson Pro Cinema 1080 UB

Panasonic PT-AE2000U

I can afford all these at this point. I'm just not sure that the HD1 (RS1 replacement) is worth 1000 more then the 1080 UB... and the 1080 UB has such a bloated CR rating that it makes me a bit leary but its supposed to have a nice picture. Just not sure about black levels. All the reviews I've read say the AE2000U is better then the PLV-Z2000 but I can't seem to find anything comparing the ones I'm really looking at.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"