• Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Sany PLV-Z2000 input Sany???

I think I meant Sanyo.
    Anyone with experience here?

I'm very close to pulling the switch on one of these. Net deal 1550 delivered, pretty sweet deal for 1080p, multiple HDMI and component inputs. lens door to keep bulb clean.

15000 : 1 contrast ratio!!! Blacks are awesome they say.

If anyone wants in the deal, let me know.

Unless someone talks me out of it. After a 2HD, Z4, I'm overall fairly happy with Sanyo.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I've never owned a Sanyo, Lex, but haven't heard many bad things about them. Important thing for me has always been how well a manufacturer stands behind their product. I've owned Sony and would never own another. Their customer service really sucks. BenQ was super when my less that month old dlp died. I had a new replacement in about a week's turnaround. So as long as Sanyo stands behind their product, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't pull the trigger.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

You make good points. I can't say exactly how greta Sany customer service is, honestly. Probably not much better than Sony, but then again I hate to say they s*** without knowning that they do.

But 1080p for 1550 net, is pretty sweet.
      Doug

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I'd go for it. Thats a pretty sweet projector for the cost for sure. I doubt you'll be unhappy at all. And 1080p is awesome :B!

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

thanks Dougie. it is a good price and I did order it, so 1080p, here I come. :-)
          Doug

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Congrats Doug, :T

Pics and a review are a must when you get it set up.

Myself, Im still waffling back and forth on getting a new projector... :roll:
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Do it Robert! Did you not get a good deal on the.....what was the one you really wanted? I forgot.

Comment

• H.T.C
                • Nov 2003

Sanyo was bought out i believe or obsorbed by another manufacturer some time back not sure if they are the same company as back in 70's.

They produce vacuum cleaners and such, research the item first.
                Robert

Comment

• Dean McManis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • May 2003

Congrats on the new purchase Lex!

At around $1500 that is a new price mark and sets a precedence.
                  Ironically a year ago I predicted that 1080p projectors would drop under $2K and have over 10K contrast by now. And you clearly get to reap the benefits of this value.

I'm also looking forward to reading about what you think of this new 1080p unit.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Actually the 1080p Mitsubishi recently was about 1300.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                      • Aug 2001

Nice. Kinda looking at 1080p and would like to know what you think when you get it. The one thing that has me wanting to wait a bit until the Panasonic AE2000 drops to this range is its ability to vertically stretch 1080i/p sources.

$1500 is what I paid for my InFocus 4805 when they were first introduced just a couple years ago. It's amazing to me how fast real advances are being made with digital projectors, and the competition makes it quite cheap relative to plasmas, etc.

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Jack, thanks I'll let you guys know what I think. But I tell you, having not been disappointed by my Z4, I look forward to this Sanyo unit with great anticipation!

Dougie, that is a great price for the Mitsu if so.

Dean, agreed. Nice to realize the benefits of a changing market. I probably would not have got it now were it not for my 2HD going south. I know it's days are numbered. I may just stack it up as a last resort backup with my old 4:3 PJ. To old to spend money on, and it has a problem other than needing a bulb anyway.

Robert, I am not going to worry so much about who owns the company for now. :-) The 3 year warranty says I am going to be ok I think.

It's going to blow my Z4 out of the water I am sure, so man, how could I be disappointed! (Z4 becomes television projector)

I love the fact the Z2000 has multiple HDMI inputs as well. It just eliminated my need for HDMI switching.
                        Doug

Comment

• Hdale85
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2006

Well don't think the mail in rebate on the Mitsubishi is good anymore.

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

It's supposed to get here today guys!!! I'm stoked! (can I say that at my age? )
                            Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Lex
                              It's supposed to get here today guys!!! I'm stoked! (can I say that at my age? )
                              Not sure, Doug, but at my age you can say anything you want...
                              My Homepage!

Comment

• Hdale85
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2006

Did you get it yet Doug?

Comment

• Lex
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Apr 2001

Got it Thursday, got it setup, and actually figured out a way to improve my two projector setup. Previously they both shared the same table mount, and it was just to tight with the 2HD and Z4, then when the big Z2000 comes along, forget sharing space with the Z4, Big Z wanted it all! So, I had this small stool, stacked 2 tiles on it to make it larger topped, and fit the Z4 right beneath the main projector, out of the way, all on same center line, excellent!

Ok, enough about that. Let's get to some meat. Setup was a breeze, I fine tuned a bit by eye, and watched an HDDVD on my newest HDDVD player. I'll have to say I was impressed. I looked for a place to set the format (1080i, 1080p, whatever, maybe this one takes whatever it gets and upconverts it? I looked everywhere for size settings, and all I saw was theater settings. So, interesting.

Some movies are better for showing a projector's capability, I am not sure the Matrix is one of those. Everything is so dark in it alot. But a solid performer it was for Neo and gang, I enjoyed the flick.

Can't wait til tonight. :drool: Give me a bit more time with it before I try to do a review of it.
                                  Doug

Comment

• Hdale85
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2006

And pictures plz I think beginning of next year I may step up to a 1080p projector.

Comment

• Lex
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Apr 2001

images of images? or images of projector? Other than the blacks not being the truest black, it is a really nice projector that will make great HD projector. Jury stillt out on redbook DVD.
                                      Doug

Comment

• John Holmes
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2000

Congrats, on the new toy, Lex!
                                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Apr 2001

Thanks John, it truly is a pleasure to watch. I'm really going to enjoy it. Almost as much, I am really going to enjoy my Z4 as my TV PJ. It really is a good PJ as well for 1080i off directv HD.
                                          Doug

Comment

• Chris D
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Dec 2000

Actually, just for discussion sake, I think redbook is the spec for CD. I can't remember the name for the DVD spec. On that note, I wonder what it is for BD, too.
                                            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Apr 2001

I know redbook is CD, I borrowed it because it does refer to first generation CD, and I was talking first generation DVD.
                                              Doug

Comment

• RobP
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • Nov 2004

Congrats on the new Toy Doug, any screen shots?
                                                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"