X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IllNastyImpreza
    • Jan 2008

Anyone live near poolesville MD ??

Wasn't sure where to post, but I'm into Home theatre front projection...so I'll start here

ok So I've been given the chance to move down to Poolesville MD

what do you guys think of the ares ?

how much is gass right now?

how close is the nearest mall? / Subaru dealer/ home depot ??

I would love to make the change and move down there...

but am scared of the lack of development and civilization !

do you guys have meets anywhere in the area ??

guys... please fill me in !
  • IllNastyImpreza
    • Jan 2008

guess not huh ?

Comment

• draganm
      • Jul 2005

I heard that down in Poolesville they have some of the best "bird watching" in the whole country . :lol:

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by draganm
        I heard that down in Poolesville they have some of the best "bird watching" in the whole country . :lol:
        bird watching eh ??? the negative thing to this whole internet forum, is I fail to interperet exactly what kind of sarcasm you are expressing :

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I moved from Frederick MD in 1994. It was V close to Poolesville. At that time, it was V rural, but the area was one of the fastest growing in the country at the time.

My impressions: a beautiful, pastoral region, V near all necessary services (20 min) max.
          ~30 min from Baltimore and DC. Tons of cultural events and arts. Tons of Civil War history. Good schools, good restaurants.

How much it has changed is a guess, but I would think urban sprawl has detracted a bit from the more laid-back character it had, but you will to do some more research to find out for yourself.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Dean McManis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • May 2003

Sorry, I don't have anything to add about Poolesville. I've never been to MD yet.
            It's more likely a better question for the A/V Chalet forum, as that's more of a general forum, where this one is more specifically about front projectors.

But welcome to HTG.

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by wkhanna
              I moved from Frederick MD in 1994. It was V close to Poolesville. At that time, it was V rural, but the area was one of the fastest growing in the country at the time.

My impressions: a beautiful, pastoral region, V near all necessary services (20 min) max.
              ~30 min from Baltimore and DC. Tons of cultural events and arts. Tons of Civil War history. Good schools, good restaurants.

How much it has changed is a guess, but I would think urban sprawl has detracted a bit from the more laid-back character it had, but you will to do some more research to find out for yourself.
              yeah one of my biggest questions is... does it still have autumn as I know it in New England ??

I'm quite a fan of warmer weather, but its the great change in the climate that I also enjoy... it makes you appreciate the warm weather just that much more

I've been given the oportunity to move down to my aunts 300 acre farm 8)

I can't wait to get my Dedicated batcave home theatre room started ! any quick tips guys ??

Comment

• H.T.C
                • Nov 2003

I have been to baltimore and stayed at a hotel not to far from the aqarium but not poolsville...sorry

Autumn in new england ? its been off just a little the way mother nature has been acting,two years ago had tulips (not flowered) and lilies growing in late december.
                Robert

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by H.T.C
                  I have been to baltimore and stayed at a hotel not to far from the aqarium but not poolsville...sorry

Autumn in new england ? its been off just a little the way mother nature has been acting,two years ago had tulips (not flowered) and lilies growing in late december.
                  sounds like new england :B

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"