X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speakerboy
    • Nov 2005

JVC DLA-RS2 Calibration

Are there any JVC RS2 owners out there that's had an ISF calibration that might share some configuration parameters? Is there a website with a review that may describe some calibration?
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I don't know if there are any JVC owners here, but even if there are and they share their parameters, you have to remember that ISF calibrations can be different for every viewing environment. What works for one room may not work for another. Also, in my expereience in owning several projectors over the years, the calibration of a particular model can also vary substantially. For example, I bought a new BenQ W10000 1080p projector and it died within the first month. I had used the factory default in the warm ( D6500 ) setting as the basis for making a few adjustments. Its replacement, same model, had totally different calibartion settings in the factory defaults so my old numbers were of no use to me.

Reviewers don't reveal their settings likely because every unit is different and the numbers they provide wouldn't necessarily work for another unit of the same model and make.

Good luck anyway.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

The RS2 is supposed to have almost perfect colors out of the box. The reviews I read said the adjustment they made to color was just barely noticeable if at all. So pretty much all the adjustment you need to make is your brightness and contrast and what not. I agree with George though that there are many factors in a calibration and a huge factor is the environment your projector is mounted in. So using someones settings isn't going to be much better then just trying to calibrate it the best you can with something like DVE HD.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

RS2? Wow, I'm jealous. You could always ship it to me, and I'll calibrate it for you! .... over the course of a year.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

That Chris of ours, he's such a helpful kinda guy ... :lol:
          My Homepage!

Comment

• draganm
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
            I don't know if there are any JVC owners here, but even if there are and they share their parameters, you have to remember that ISF calibrations can be different for every viewing environment. What works for one room may not work for another.Good luck anyway.
            george is right on the money. If the colros look off, I would suspect the room, your screen choice, or even the source before the PJ. Things like Red or blue carpet, White ceilings, or highly reflective walls (semi gloss) can totally trash the color tracking of even the best PJ's out there (which The RS2 certainly is)
            also FYI, Without a colorimeter and a good deal of experience, a novice mucking around with the color temperature settings inside a factory calibrated machine will do more harm than good 99.9% of the time.

Comment

• speakerboy
              • Nov 2005

Good points taken. That's true about the different screens, ambient light, room, etc.

I'll calibrate it MYSELF...but thanks. Guess I'll wait for the DVE: HD Basics blu-ray version to come out in March!

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Yeah, I've been waiting for that too. Keeps getting pushed back.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"