X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBSMOKE
    • Dec 2006

pannny plasma vs sony LCD

What to buy..Panny th 42px75u or sony kdls3000? Recommendations?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well depends on what your looking for? The Sony isn't very accurate color wise. The black levels will probably be better on the panny. The panny will use more power because its a plasma while an LCD is somewhat more power friendly. I'm currently looking to buy either a 50" Panasonic 750U or a 50" Pioneer Kuro depending if I decide the performance difference is worth the extra 1000 bucks. Chances are I may very well end up going with the panny though and spend that 1000 bucks on the new combo player coming from samsung

Comment

• comeup
      • Jul 2005

I have two pioneers 42"/50" I think they look better than the panasonics, although I agree with Dougie and it's probably not worth the difference I just had to have the best. I only see the difference when the two are next to each other, alone they look the same. I think both the panny and pioneer look better than the sony though the sony's are good for LCDs I guest I just prefer plasmas they look so much more natural to me i hate all the light LCDs put out, how can a picture look natural with that much light. LCDs are selling better than plasmas and I think it's because of the bright light you notice the picture soon as you walk in the store more appealing at first sight. You have to spend time with displays and check many different contents water, skys, skin tones, colors, night scenes, action scenes, sports fast action, dvd quality playback, standard def, and of course hi def. IMO the video processor is far more important than resolution you change the way resolution looks by how close you are to the display but the processors are the heart & soul of a display IMHO. I played with a pioneer elite profdh1 1080p display with 1080p content on a pioneer blueray and changed the res back and forth between 720p,1080i and 1080p for a couple of hours at 10ft away and really could not see a difference. I tryed my best to see the advantage of having 1080p just being honest. I guest I got away from the subject a little I would take the panny over the sony.
      Blake

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"