Lines through 35% of displayed images Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biddersspot
    • Jul 2007

Lines through 35% of displayed images Help!

I purchased a chinesse imported projector, having conencted my pc and dvd player, the end result displays perfect images, except that 35% in from the left side thier is a vertical black line and the image's displayed in this area shows flickering lines and distorded color.

It looks like interferance or maybe a problem with the bulb.

Gary
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Are you connecting over HDMI/DVI? I'd check your cable first- a bulb won't make the kind of symptoms you describe.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• biddersspot
      • Jul 2007

HDMI/DVI what is this???

I,m connecting using the following:

pc cable (projector 2 pc)
      s-video and audio cable (projector 2 dvd player)

Comment

• wildfire99
        • Aug 2005

LCD? Sounds like a bad lcd panel or panel driver. What's the model of the projector, technology, etc?

The bulb isn't going to create flickering lines nor will interference (which would create lines all over the picture). A bad s-video cable won't create a 1 pixel wide vertical line either. It might help to see a screenshot, but it sounds like the PJ is toast.
        - Patrick
        "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• biddersspot
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by wildfire99
          LCD? Sounds like a bad lcd panel or panel driver. What's the model of the projector, technology, etc?

The bulb isn't going to create flickering lines nor will interference (which would create lines all over the picture). A bad s-video cable won't create a 1 pixel wide vertical line either. It might help to see a screenshot, but it sounds like the PJ is toast.
          this sounds crazy, I have tried taking a snapshot and a video of the problem, however the problem area's don't display in the snapshot or video.

Regards make and model I,ve google the rebrand but nothing...here's the details

Model: MMB-1
          make: Marquant
          features:
          contrast ratio: 400:1
          resolution: 640*480 dpi / 4:3
          1100 ansi lumen RGB projection ( what's this?)
          TV Pal & Secam
          Av1/AV2 RCA and VGA INPUT
          TV Tuner coaxial atenna input
          super silent : 31db (whats this?)
          Temperature protection Circuit
          210-240 V 50 Hz /200W (how should I set these options as I belive they relate to image rate ?)

One thing to note, no problem is shown when the projector is looking for a signal i.e the screen color is dark blue the message no signal, the screen has no distortion or black line, only when a signal is found i.e movie or pc image

Gary

Comment

• draganm
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by biddersspot
            this sounds crazy, I have tried taking a snapshot and a video of the problem, however the problem area's don't display in the snapshot or video.Regards make and model I,ve google the rebrand but nothing...here's the details

Model: MMB-1
            make: Marquant
            features:
            contrast ratio: 400:1
            resolution: 640*480 dpi / 4:3
            1100 ansi lumen RGB projection ( what's this?)
            210-240 V 50 Hz /200W (how should I set these options as I belive they relate to image rate ?)
            Gary
            I don't mean to be rude Gary but what on Earth posessd you to buy a 480P digital with 400:1 contrast ratio :gah: It sounds like something that's sold by those guys selling speakers out of a white van. frist of all the specs of 220v 50Hz is a european voltage and PAL TV standard, so it's not even a product for US markets. I hope you didn't pay more than 50 bucks for it?
            the problem you are having is related to the panel or chip inside, it's defective and more than likely can not be reaired. :cry:

Comment

• biddersspot
              • Jul 2007

I live in europe, apart from assuming, do you have anything more concrete to say or was that it.

I,m trying to get some help here

Comment

• wildfire99
                • Aug 2005

It's a LumenLab projector... the guys who brought you the "big screen TV with an old LCD panel and lenticular lens" thing. They are ridiculously cheap, I think their old PJ was something like $399 or $499, with cheap bulbs.
                1100 ANSI lumens is the brightness (likely way overstated), RGB projection since you're assembling red, blue, and green components to make the picture like most other display devices.

With the "no signal" screens being internally generated and looking fine, it then sounds like a problem with the external input(s). If you're getting the same behavior for both PC input and S-Video then a factory reset of the PJ's settings is in order (if that's even possible), then a call for support to LumenLab (though they seem to have erased all history of this model from their site).

Chances are you'll need to replace it, preferably with something not from LumenLab.
                - Patrick
                "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• biddersspot
                  • Jul 2007

thanks for your input.....I have taken a look inside and there is a scratch on the bulb, I,m guessing that if the bulb is gas fillied maybe the problem stems from gas leakage mix with electric..just a thought...I,ll look up that company.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"