Looking for a rear projection screen suitable for outdoor use.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjbtx
    • Jun 2006

Looking for a rear projection screen suitable for outdoor use.

Looking for a rear projection screen suitable for outdoor use with
    a DLP projector. I live in Southlake, TX and today @ Harkin's Theatres,
    noticed a projector in the lobby showing onto a plexiglass type
    screen from the rear. I'm looking for something I could take outside
    when having company and showing a movie by the pool. Equipment
    would come inside / store away when not in use. Any ideas on the screen?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I have a pull down 92" coming that might be something that would interest you. Not necessarily mine, but I may sell it. It's a Draper Lumina I think. It's in a container and pulls out. That way it could be say hook mounted, then pulled down. Provided you have a wall.

The reason I may sell it is, it came with myh projector and I already have a nice Carada screen mounted.

Well, I may sell it when it gets here anyway. But it could be several weeks.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

If I understand, you're talking about something that you could, say, push up to a window for viewing from outside. I don't think any one rear projection screen would work better than any other. To be honest, though, I don't know of any rear projection screens, although I know they exist. Front-projection is much more prevalent.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

There is a standard acrylic product used by the signage industry that would work well for you (we use it for mockup and testing). It is referred to as black/white or black and white, and is usually available from any industrial plastic vendor.

These guys:

should probably be able to get it. Comes in 4'x8' and 5'x10' sheets. For rear projection, you would put the darkside towards the viewers. It cuts out a lot of the light, so you'd need a reasonably bright projector, but its dark surface also cuts down washout from ambient light. And since it is essentially just a plastic sheet, you can hose it off and wipe it with a rag if it get dirty.

I would guess a sheet of 1/4" to be somewhere on the order of $70-100.

BB

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"