X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

Ideal Screen height

My room is 5.7m long and 3m in height(at the front).
    At the front the floor is 200cm higher than the first row of seats(this forms a platform for the speakers and subs). The rear row of seats is 200cm higher than the platform in front(i.e. 400cm higher than the first row of seats).
    At what height should I position my screen?
    It is a 203cm by 115cm with a diagonal length of 233cm. This is the viewing area.
    The PJ is an Optoma HD81. I want the optimal picture I can project.
    Suggestions?
    Also what is the suggested viewing height of the eyes?
    Thanks,
    George.
  • draganm
    • Jul 2005

George there is no formula I know of to calculate this because there's too many variables like how tal your seats are, how tall the average viewer is, etc. You're best bet is cut a large piece of paper or card-board and hang it no the wall with tape. Then sit in the front and the back and see which height is the most comfortable from both places. You should be able to watch without bending your neck and be comfortable for hours. In my theatre, the ceiling in front is 2.3 meters tall and the screen sits 15cm below the cieling.

Comment

• sokoban
      • Apr 2006

Here's a handy calculator which helps a lot with screen sizes.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"