X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoopalini
    • Aug 2000

LCD TV Decision

I'm in process of upgrading my HT, and next on the list is a TV to replace my Sony 36XBR250 CRT.

I've decided on an LCD, although I'm not opposed to a plasma if it makes sense. Seating position is about 10' back in a room with LOTS of natural light (windows on both sides).
    • I would like to get one which does not have speakers integrated (or if they are, not very apparent as I will never use them).
    • I don't care if it has an HD tuner or not, as I don't mind installing a STB for over the air HD channels.
    • HDMI input is a must.
    • My built in entertainment center has me limited to 47" in width, so whatever I choose must be 47" or narrower.
    • Budget is ~$2k
    So far, I'm considering the Sharp Aquos 46D62U set. I've read good reviews on this set, and found a decent price within my budget from an online retailer.

Any help, opinions, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Thomas.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If I was shopping for a new LCD TV the Sharp Aquos, Sony and Samsung sets would be on my short list :T That's probably your best starting point. From there look at PQ, price, features GUI etc.

Good luck
    Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

If I could afford the sharp I would definitely be all over it! :B

Comment

• Stoopalini
        • Aug 2000

Well, I just ordered the Sharp LC-46D62U from Sears (got them to pricematch The Home Theater Store) for a great price. It should be delivered on Monday

Can't wait to finally move up to the HDTV club!

Thomas.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Congrats Thomas! :T :banana:
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"