X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero993
    • Feb 2003

Samsung LN-S4095D vs Sharp LC42D62U

I am looking at both of these LCD's The Samsung is 40 inch and the Sharp is 42. Which one of these TV's is better? From what I've seen the Samsung has a few more features (ie PIP) than the Sharp. I think, I heard that Samsung was a better from someone. You guys haven't let me down in the past.

Thanks,

Anthony
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

The Samsung's and Sharp's are both pretty good IMO from what I've seen. I'd say if after viewing the two of them if you still can't decide, go by price, features, direct input access, GUI etc.

You should be happy with either so you can't really go wrong :T
    Jason

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

My eye prefers Sharp LCD's but I will be honest, I didn't look at that specific Samsung.

Comment

• Drewbert
        • Aug 2005

I hope you havent bought the Sharp.... not a good tv IMO. Bad processor in it, and it artifacts real bad....
        4095 is a better tv.
        -Drew

Comment

• jim777
          • Mar 2005

This sharp I bought is a brand new model and I actually bought it because it had the less artefacts. I don't know about the 62U though.

Comment

• Drewbert
            • Aug 2005

the 92s artifact less than the 62s, and the 92s have better blacks too.
            But IMO the 4x95s look better
            -Drew

Comment

• hawkfan
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Drewbert
              the 92s artifact less than the 62s, and the 92s have better blacks too.
              But IMO the 4x95s look better
              I thought the same thing although I heard that the store is not really a good place to judge picture quality. Besides that, the 4095's are dirt cheap now even though they are essentially the same as the 4096. Anyway I decided on the 4095 myself after reading SEVERAL reviews. CNET is a pretty good information source about both LCDs.

Comment

• Drewbert
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by hawkfan
                I thought the same thing although I heard that the store is not really a good place to judge picture quality. Besides that, the 4095's are dirt cheap now even though they are essentially the same as the 4096. Anyway I decided on the 4095 myself after reading SEVERAL reviews. CNET is a pretty good information source about both LCDs.
                Yeah I agree, and thats what most of my customers say too. BTW I run the HT dept at Best Buy.
                -Drew

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"