I love my AE-700...yet I've never been totally happy...help???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToddAnisman
    • Apr 2005

I love my AE-700...yet I've never been totally happy...help???

Ok, so maybe I'm a gera slut, have too high expectations of what, I don't know.

But I really wish the picture on my screen was a lot Brighter.

I have a Da-lite Perf screen with 1.0 Gain (Perf, because I'm and audio purist- I work in Audio, so you know where my priority is...). The PJ shoot a 106" image from a range of about 13feet.

And I am always wishing that there was more oomph from the picture. I'm alwasy trying to get more light on it- to the popint wher eit starts getting washed out from having the brightness set too high.

So, I was wondering if the new projectors are noticeably brighter than the previous generation...I don't necessarily mind spending some more cash, but I cant go out and get a Barco... he he For the record, I can live with the Panny, but I just MORE MOREMOREMOREMOREMORE.!!!!!!!! he he he

Whatcha got for me????

-Todd A.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

What's your budget?

Just off the top of my head, if you interested in staying with Panasonic, the Panny AE1000U (1080p) gets top ratings, just ensure you get the final production model, or the Panny AX100U (720p, it's less expensive brother) both with a $400.00 rebate.

I would also consider a Carada screen, our sponsor, in BW, which increases you screen gain and adds an extra punch to your picture. Just my quick thoughts.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• ToddAnisman
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Azeke
      What's your budget?

Just off the top of my head, if you interested in staying with Panasonic, the Panny AE1000U (1080p) gets top ratings, just ensure you get the final production model, or the Panny AX100U (720p, it's less expensive brother) both with a $400.00 rebate.

I would also consider a Carada screen, our sponsor, in BW, which increases you screen gain and adds an extra punch to your picture. Just my quick thoughts.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
      Thanks Azeke.. The problem with Carada is that They do not have a perf screen....unless they've aded one to their line.
      I'm seeing AX100U for very reasonable prices... so like 2k PLUS a $400 rebate???

Hmmm....

Now I though the AX-100U will play a 1080p picture, is there truth to that???

I would spend 2-3K if I coul get something that woul last for 5 years...

-Todd A.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Todd, I too use a Panny AE-700. I like it, but realize that it's not the end-all PJ. So I plan on getting my full use out of it until I burn out the first bulb, and then see if it would be worth at that point upgrading to something new.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• ToddAnisman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
          Todd, I too use a Panny AE-700. I like it, but realize that it's not the end-all PJ. So I plan on getting my full use out of it until I burn out the first bulb, and then see if it would be worth at that point upgrading to something new.
          Man, I have almost 2k Hours on mine...

Thinking hard about a AX-100U. That sound like it could be for me. I have a friend who would buy my AE700..maybe I'll sell to him for $500 and then get the rebate and have a new killer PJ for $900....

-Todd

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ToddAnisman
            Man, I have almost 2k Hours on mine...

Thinking hard about a AX-100U. That sound like it could be for me. I have a friend who would buy my AE700..maybe I'll sell to him for $500 and then get the rebate and have a new killer PJ for $900....

-Todd
            Todd, sounds like a plan.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• sirbogey
              • Mar 2006

Hi all, I've had the AE900 for 5 months and got 630 hrs on it already. I think the picture is great for that price category. For some reason, I always get the feeling the the picture could be brighter and sharper. Don't know maybe it's just because I've seen true HD stuff.

But I think I'll get 60" plasma or LCD for day time viewing and use the pj for DVDs and sports. I never thought I'd get a TV again. It's been 6 years without one.. what do you think?

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

I also own the Panny AE900, I usually watch movies and sports. Some people get an alternate viewing screen to minimize bulb hours. I even heard that some individuals put ~ $0.50 cent in a jar everytime they view with a FP, to cover the cost of a bulb. I'm not trying to be that extreme, however, to each his own.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Have you checked out the SMX screen? According to tests its brighter then any other perf screen.

Also the Panny's have been said to have a softer image compared to the other projectors in the same class.

Comment

• ToddAnisman
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
                    Have you checked out the SMX screen? According to tests its brighter then any other perf screen.

Also the Panny's have been said to have a softer image compared to the other projectors in the same class.
                    Well, according to their website the gain of that screen is about 1.2. Turns out my Da-lite is actually 1.1 (I thought it was 1.0). So I don't think I'm going to gain (no pun intended...)much there. Thanks for the recommendation though...

-Todd A.

Comment

• sirbogey
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Azeke
                      some individuals put ~ $0.50 cent in a jar everytime they view
                      Sweeet. I start doing that with a $1 bill!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"