best 65" big screen ~$2500s...difference between WD-65732 and WD65-731?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thadman
    • Jan 2007

best 65" big screen ~$2500s...difference between WD-65732 and WD65-731?

There seems to be a surge of sales on big screens after looking through the weekly bestbuy/circuit city ads and im in the market for a HDTV :B

Whats the best ~65" HDTV that costs around $2500?

Also whats the difference between the Mitsu WD-65731 and WD65732 ? The WD-65731 is $500 cheaper on sale :B
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

dont know what the difference is but id suggest the sony or jvc too
    all seem to be on sale

Comment

• DSGCobra
      • Feb 2003

JVC fan here there LCoS (HD-ILA) looks damn good. with they way prices are going every room in my hosue is going to have a wide screen.

Comment

• thadman
        • Jan 2007

Can anyone recommend specific models?

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

I vote for the Sony (SXRD) and JVC (LCOS) as well...also have a look at the Samsung DLP's
          Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

The samsung's are very nice looking and deffinately the best priced. But the sony and jvc are definitely top notch.

Comment

• thadman
              • Jan 2007

Why are the JVC and sony specifically the best? What are the advantages/disadvantages of all the models mentioned?

The JVC has gotten a mixed bag of comments on various other forums...its not rated very highly over on cnet either.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Because of all the current RPTV tech's they offer better overall PQ than the competition IMO (They're both LCOS technology BTW). Better blacks (dynamic iris' help there), good detail, fill factor etc. Basically, they're the closest I've seen with fixed pixel displays to a good quality CRT PQ. I like the Samsung's for their amazingly accurate colour (though the wobulation tech bothers me a bit).

Try checking out last months (I think...?) HT Magazine. They had a good faceoff of the big boys in RPTV's with lot's of helpful info. Then with all that info go view some of the better units in store (bring along some of your own demo material and a copy of AVIA or DVE if you have one) Should help you narrow it down :T
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"