X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrd
    • Dec 2003

Sony LCD televisions??

I'm in the market for a small LCD. Anyone know the difference between the Sony BRAVIA digital processing and the WEGA processing? Which is better? Thanks in advance for any responses.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I believe the biggest difference is the inclusion of an ATSC tuner in the WEGA's. The scaling/processing is also slightly better if I recall.
    Jason

Comment

• peterS
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by aud19
      I believe the biggest difference is the inclusion of an ATSC tuner in the WEGA's. The scaling/processing is also slightly better if I recall.
      no....
      im actualy not aware of any "wega" lcds

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

You're right, I was thinking XBR. Grand Wega applies to their LCD-RPTV's
        Jason

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

The XBR's typically have more inputs (often you'll find 3 HDMI on the XBR and only 2 on the Bravia). The current XBR's also have more DRC options in the menus (Sony's picture adjustments which most people think are better turned off anyway). Beyond that there is the obvious cosmetic difference.

I came pretty close to going with the non-XBR 46" 1080p Bravia. The XBR model was nice but the difference in price did not justify the extra HDMI input.

In the end I went with one of the new 46" 1080p Sharp LCD's. I thought it produced better blacks than the Sony and it's softer image performed better on SD viewing.
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Ralph
            • Sep 2006

Look into Sharp. They seem to be very good as the reviews say. I have 2 & they seem to work well. I gave up on Sony because they dod not seem to stand behing the products as well. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"