X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Mitsu CRT RPTV - See 'Need advice - noob here'

I have a WS55907 RPTV that has a signal board probelm. The warranty expired last month (5 yr Philllips extended warranty). My tech told me the needed part is no longer available - I verified with Mitsubishi. I thought parts HAD to be available for at least 7 years following a model discontinuation. Am I wrong here? A 5 yr old great TV that can't be fixed is totally unacceptable. I have voiced my displeasure with Mitsubishi - they will be talking to the repair facility to discuss options. My salesman told me they may offer to compensate me for my non-fixable TV. I paid $4000 for this on 7/8/01 - what should I 'accept' as an offer. All comments and suggesttions welcomed. Any other horror stories that are similar?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If it was me I'd be aiming for:

"If you can't repair my TV, replace it with a current equivelant model for the cost of the part."

Seems fair to me.

How much was the part when available?
    Jason

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

$400 for the signal board. I'll try that route next time I speak with the Mits rep.

Comment

• tf1216
        • Apr 2006

Any update on this matter?

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by tf1216
          Any update on this matter?
          Yeah, let us know how you make out :T
          Jason

Comment

• Arneson
            • Jan 2006

Someone with an oscilloscope, that is, a technician, can fix the board.
            There should be no reason to get rid of this set for that reason only.
            Jim

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

I was told by Mitsu that this board was designed to be fixed at the component level; my HT guys have done so at a cost of $108.51 - will be deliverd tomorrow. Signal board and cooling tray repaired. Total repair $302.64 (Service call, diagnosis, repair, assembly).

Comment

• rattmann316
                • Aug 2005

thats not too bad, really. if you were to have had a DLP for that long, and had to replace the bulb, it would be more. from my experience, QC at mistu has gone down dramatically...i would stay away from their DLPs if the time does come to replace your existing display device.
                RB-1070
                RC-1070
                RCD-1072
                B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"