X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtbjr10
    • Aug 2006

Sony KDS-60A2000

Hi-
    New to the forum here- have a question about a new purchase. I've had the Sony KDS-60A2000 for 3 or 4 days now, and while the HD picture looks clearer than any I've seen, the SD channels come in very, very poorly. I've screwed around with just about all the settings I can find. Any suggestions, or do I just have to live with sub-par SD?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

It could be your service providers signal..for cable companies they can come out and test your signal strength etc.

Make sure you turn off VSM especially and lower your sharpness setting to it's lowest setting or off and calibrate the display with DVE/AVIA. Also generally removing any other picture "enhancements" :roll: the set has will likely help as well.

Otherwise, SD is SD and will only look so good when blown up on a larger screen. That and poor signals that vary from channel to channel and you have a very hit or miss situation unfortunately...
    Jason

Comment

• peterS
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

generaly SD is unbarable on most HD sets.... all looks worse than a tub tv for some reason

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

I've also found that the SD is pretty poor quality, especially on cable. My DSS isn't too bad, but I've seen some regular cable stuff that is terrible.
        Danish

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"