X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danharry65
    • Mar 2006

Projector projection angle flips

I recently installed an older model PLUS sidekick DLP projector into my home theatre setup and while watching movies the image will flip vertically. At that point I will use the remote to go back into the projection setup menu and the image is still set appropriately. When I move to a new setup and back the image will reflip to the proper projection.

Does anyone have an idea how I can correct this? It does not happen all the time and then for some movies it will happen a dozen times. Will wireless internet from the neighborhood affect older projectors like this?

Thanks
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

That's a new one on me. When you say flip, do mean the picture goes from right side up to upside down ? If so it still leaves me scratching my head. Got a feeling it may have something to do with the chipset and probably means service by a tech. Don't know how old or expensive the Plus is, but I do know servicing these things can get awfully pricey.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Whoa, as I understand you, dan, you're saying that in the middle of watching a movie, the picture will suddenly flip upside down?

Gee, that's a bit distracting.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

That is odd. The only thing I can possibly think of besides a defective product is maybe, just maybe you have another remote that sends a code that causes it? I have seen weirder things because of this.

But I think you have bigger issues.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"