X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHT-2
    • Oct 2005

Lost Remote for X1...Can't cool off lamp before shut off

A month ago, I lost my remote... it was the only way to put the X1 on standby so the fan cooled off the lamp before shut off. I've been skipping this step lately... Is this really BAD? And do you have a solution without having to purchase a new remote?

Dick
  • wildfire99
    • Aug 2005

Some people will tell you that letting the lamp cool "au naturale" is actually the best way to go, skipping forced fan cooling.

Just make sure (either way) that you don't start it up again until the lamp is totally cooled off.
    - Patrick
    "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

There's no standby/on button on the X1 itself? Every PJ I've installed has had one.

Comment

• DHT-2
        • Oct 2005

No there is'nt. It was only a feature available from the remote control which came with the unit.

BTW, I found a list of IR Keycodes for this remote.. and on it the Power Button has this code: 0x17. What does this mean, and how can I use it to program a remote?

Comment

• DHT-2
          • Oct 2005

Thanks you Wildire

Originally posted by wildfire99
          Some people will tell you that letting the lamp cool "au naturale" is actually the best way to go, skipping forced fan cooling.

In my research on google, I too read a few places about this statement. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much.

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

You'd need to have a PC programmable remote such as the Philips Pronto in order to use the hex codes.

If you can't put the PJ into standby with the remote, how do you turn it on? Does the On button put it into standby if it's already on? It may prompt you to hit another button (power again, or enter) to actually shut off. Or there may be a power off option in the menus somewhere. Or an auto power off, after several minutes with no signal.

"Au naturale" cooling has the benefit of cooling the bulb more gradually, which puts less stress on the bulb, so maybe there's some validity to that. The problem is, you shouldn't power the PJ back up before the bulb has cooled, which could take 30 minutes without a fan.

Comment

• DHT-2
              • Oct 2005

Kevin:

There is only a power switch on the unit that turns the pj On and Off. The remote was never able to turn the pj ON or OFF - it just turned the lamp off... then you can hear the fans going on for a few minutes. You must then physically switch the pj off from the unit. When you turn the pj on... it doesn't go on standby... it jsut come ON immediately. Always has.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• DHT-2
                • Oct 2005

As far as the kepcode. I understand what you said.. but what does 0x17 mean? is that a HEX number? Can I program my laptop and use the iR port to use it as a remote? Some systems allow you to record the IR signal from the existing remote, but since I don't have the remote, can I use this code to duplicate the IR signal? Or I would I HAVE TO buy a universal remote.

Thanks

Comment

• Brandon B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2001

Air cooling of the lamp won't hurt the lamp, as several have said. The only caveat is heat may remain built up in the case while the lamp is still radiating its excess heat and stress some of the electronic components. So it is still something I would try to avoid. And as Kevin points out, it is pretty bad for a lamp to do a hot restrike.

BB

Comment

• DHT-2
                    • Oct 2005

Still waiting for an explanation of 0x17 keycode meaning/interpretation. Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"