X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zigurat
    • Jul 2005

Display setting for Motorola HD Box

I have Comcast cable and a Motorola HD box hooked up to an Infocus 7205 projector. The projection has a native resolution of 720p. The cable box has several HDTV display output options, including 720p and 1080i. Should I set the box to 720p and the projector's aspect to native, or should I set the box to 1080i and the projector aspect to 16:9? Also, does the picture look better through DVI of component connectors? Any help will be appreciated.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

It depends on what has better scaling, your display or the Motorola box. If you're display has better scaling, hopefully the HD box has a "passthrough" or similar setting to send through whatever signal the broadcaster sent it in (480i/p 720p or 1080i) untouched and allow the set to scale it. If the HD box has better scaling, set it to output your sets 720p resolution and you're good
    Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

The box doesn't have a native setting last I looked. My STB DCT 6412 has a setting for Aspect Ratio and what resolution you want and also what resolution you want for SD stuff.

What you should do is set your box to output to 720P and connect to it via DVI(better PQ and all digital).

Then for 4x3 stuff decide whether you want the box to stretch or not.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"