X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • isham
    • Jul 2005

Good or decent screen for projector

Hi all,

New to the forum. I'm thinking about getting the InFocus SP4805 but I have no clue of what is a good screen would be. I looked at few that ranges from $60-130, but not sure if it is a good or moderately good, or bad. Can anybody advise me of what brand screen and pricewise they at. Is $100 screen good enough? Possibly some link in the net will be a plus for me.

Also, when you buy a FP, does it come with a bracket to mount them to the ceiling? Do I have to buy it separately?

Thank you very much in advance!

Isham
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Front projectors generally do not come with a bracket for ceiling mount. It is optional.

Screens, well 60-150 is very cheap for a screen. Generally a decent screen will run at least several hundred dollars.

I recommend checking with our sponsor Carada at the top and bottom of page.

Their screens are a tremendous value. I use the classic white myself.

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

About the only screen that I can think of that's in that price range is the Dalite Model B pull down screen. Given your budget you might want to look into painting your own if you can live with a screen that's fixed in place (or at least swings out of the way like mine does)

Comment

• dookie
        • Feb 2005

check out the optoma graywolf thread at <avsforum>...for the price (~$200 for 106") it seems like a pretty safe gamble. mine arrives today!

$0.02,

dookie

<forum topic reference above deleted by admin>
        Last edited by dookie; 21 July 2005, 22:24 Thursday.

Comment

• Snap
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2005

Funny thing about screens there are like 2 main manufactures that make all the screens for all the companies. DaLight and Drapper pretty much use the same stuff. I use them both. Drapper is the one that I use the most. But you can get a really nice screen from them for under 400. I would stay away from the screens that are under 200. The case and the hardware are not that nice.

My .02 cents
          The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Dean McManis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • May 2003

There are actually more than two screen manufacturers out there, But the big companies are more well known. There are differences in the screen material and coatings that show up visually, depending on your room setup (light control, projector position) and price.

Plus as it has been mentioned, the frame construction an materials vary quite a bit, and if you can afford it and plan on keeping the screen for a few years, you can definitely see the difference in frame design/materials quality, and spending a little more up front can work out to be a reasonable investment over the super-cheap screens. 8)

-Dean.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"