X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

Westinghouse LCD Questions?

The look pretty good. And the price is nice. (Very Cheap compaired to the Samsung or Sharp) My questions are:

1. Any problems with "Image Lag" (Like a man walks across the screen and it looks like pixy dust is falling behind him? If some one knows the technical name for this let me in on it.) I heard a customer have a problem with it. Probably going to have to replace it. (The unit is not even 2 months old)

2. The reds looked a little bit harsh to me?

3. If you own one do you like it?

I am thinking about dropping the product line.
    Thanks for your input.

Regards,
    Snap
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.
  • ekkoville
    • Aug 2004

I had one in December and thought exactly that, reds and skin tones too hot or harsh. And too difficult to make better without effecting the greens or blues. From one show to the next I had trouble tweaking. I tried live broadcasts to tweak the reds and the next channel looking bad. HD programing was the best of all, but just not perfect. Made think about ISF calibration and what that might have produced. Lagging was no more evident to me than the Sharp I saw last week. I guess I have to live with that.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I'll just say that in most cases you get what you pay for
      Jason

Comment

• ekkoville
        • Aug 2004

Agreed, Jason. Always been my thinking as well. The salesman told me that only one had been returned, wow, doubled that stat in a hurry!

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ekkoville
          Agreed, Jason. Always been my thinking as well. The salesman told me that only one had been returned, wow, doubled that stat in a hurry!
          He didn't "lie", he just didn't finish the sentence :B "Only one has been returned.... today" :rofl:
          Jason

Comment

• ekkoville
            • Aug 2004

One thing for sure, always learn from thy mistakes.

Comment

• jimmyp58
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

SNAP:

My new associate, Tyler (tmueller here at HT Guide), has this unit. You may want to PM him about it.
              jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• tmueller
                • Sep 2004

Jimmy-Sounds like you let the cat out of the bag!!!

Guys, regarding this TV; it is not the best lcd available but it's only true 1080p (via DVI 1) monitor available at a reasonable price. I bought this monitor for a few reasons: 1.) it is the largest monitor that will fit in my armoire, 2.) it is 1080p and absolutely stunning in that mode, 3.) I will not replace it due to hd dvd coming out.

My plan is simple-when more monitors become available at more reasonable prices I will move this 37" into my bedroom and replace it with a more robust 1080p monitor.

I recommend that everyone contemplating this monitor consult the forums at:
                A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

You can get a true education/user reviews regarding this monitor (good, bad and neutral).

In sum, I will say that everyone whom uses this monitor in a true 1080p setting (via computer ((htpc)) raves about its performance. People/users with a decent video processor whom can upscale to 1080p have nothing but glowing reviews. Furthermore, other users (including me) have raved about the amount of settings on this unit (i.e. complete backlight adjustment).

Overall, there is a lot of research to be done when buying a monitor today. I have done mine and while this monitor will not be my "end all" I will not replace it anytime soon.

Tyler T. Mueller
                Last edited by tmueller; 12 July 2005, 07:41 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"