X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Diamond Tread Pattern on Reds

On my latest Toshiba 65HDX82 I am seeing a diamond tread pattern on bright reds. Looks like a hair net has been laid over the red colors.

This was not a problem with any of our previous sets.

Only on s-video inputs.

Any ideas?

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Only one: Switch to component-input QUICK!

Seriously tho', with it only being the red gun and only on S-video, I don't know. As S-Video separates the B/W signal from the color signal, you'd think the pattern would manifest in all three if it was a source/signal issue. If it was a gun issue, it would show up in all reds and not just the S-video. . . .

Have you contacted customer support?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
      • Jan 2002

I think I may have messed up my s-video cables somehow. Running some old cables eliminated the problem. I'm having Doug check them out for me now. I could have damaged them pulling them through the wall or something, I don't know for sure. Either way the problem is fixed now. Halelujah!

Now I need my Dish HD unit, some local HD signals, and I need to get that setup and calibration done.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Just a suggestion, if possible, next time post a picture of the problem you're seeing, or a better description (size of diamond treads, are they light or dark, fixed or moving, etc?) then it'll be possible to make a more educated guess as to the cause. But if changing out the cable fixed it, maybe it was interference or a faulty ground or something.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
        My HT Site

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"