X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

16x9 720P DLP HD2+ for $3,299 MSRP

Benq has one out now.. Seems rather amazing..

BenQ Expands Line of Award-Winning Home Theater Digital Projectors

PE7700 Features Latest HD2+ DMD Chipset from Texas Instruments, 1000 Lumens,
    a 2500:1 Contrast Ratio and 6-Segment Color Wheel for High Performance

LAS VEGAS (January 6, 2005) – BenQ today announced a new addition to its award-winning line of home theater digital projectors, the PE7700, a strong, mid-range unit for home theater enthusiasts who desire a high standard of image quality. The PE7700 features the latest DLP™-based HD2+ DMD chipset from Texas Instruments, 1000 ANSI lumens of brightness, a 2500:1 contrast ratio and 6-segment color wheel that displays up to 16.7 million colors.

The PE7700 home theater projector features BenQ's proprietary Senseye technology. Senseye digital-enhancement technology automatically and dynamically improves image quality, adjusts brightness and darkness levels, performs color-mapping procedures, and reduces jagged edges on images. Senseye also adjusts contrast, color and sharpness settings, which significantly enhances the display of pictures and graphics-intensive applications such as gaming, digital photos, entertainment and professional multimedia presentations.

To keep this highly calibrated system operating properly, the PE7700 comes with micro-dust filters that aid in the prevention of air particles damaging the DMD chipsets. The result is a home theater digital projector that is designed for long-lasting operation and provides consistent image quality. The PE7700 utilizes proprietary BenQ video-processing technology to support the latest DLP chip set from Texas Instruments. The DLP chipsets produce flawless pictures that won't fade or degrade over time.

PE7700 Specifications
    The PE7700 digital home cinema projector features a high WXGA resolution (1280x720), produces a 100-inch image at a 9.8 feet throw ratio and has brightness levels of 1000 ANSI lumens. The unit weighs approximately ten pounds, and the casing dimensions are 15" (wide) x 4.5" (height) x 11.8" (deep). The PE7700 includes BNC (x5), RCA (video), S-Video, component (RCAx3) and HDMI (with HDCP x1) connectors.

Available in early March 2005, the PE7700 comes with an estimated street price of $3,299.

This is getting to be unprecedented pricing territory for 720P HD2+ DLP.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, Toshiba has one out too around that same price range. I believe it's called an MT 700 or something. About time 720p dlp came down to a realistic price range.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I've called 3 or 4 vendors for quotes, and the PE7700 can be had for around US$2875.

I'm seriously considering holding out for this model if after seeing it I like it better than 3xLCD based PJs like the Sanyo PLV-Z3.

Texas Instruments also has a newer 720p DLP chip which I believe is also bringing the prices down on HD2+ chipset based units.
      ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I'll tell you, Nicholas, if you're not bothered by rainbows or fatigue, DLP is the way to go. I love the filmlike picture I get on my NEC Ht1000.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
          • May 2003

I'll add that Toshiba's offering, the MT700, is almost a carbon copy of the benq, but also seems to have faroudja 2310 (instead of sense-eye), a HDMI input, and supposedly will run -$100 then the Benq.
          Yahooie!
          (now where'd i put that lotto ticket..)

Germany's Toshiba site.
          "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
          -Dark Helmet

Comment

• ausmatt
            • Jun 2005

don't worry about any of these and go straight to the sharp xv-z2000, it gets a 5x, sealed optics as well as motorized zoom and focus(wanky i know buts makes set up heaps easier).
            the 720p chipset that nicholas mosher refers to is the HD3 chipset which is a low end version of the HD2+ chip, it has lower contrast(1500:1) and brightness (1000 ansi) an has bigger pixel pitch. steer clear of anything with this chipset

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
              • Aug 2001

the 720p chipset that nicholas mosher refers to is the HD3 chipset which is a low end version of the HD2+ chip, it has lower contrast(1500:1) and brightness (1000 ansi) an has bigger pixel pitch. steer clear of anything with this chipset
              Is that one being used in FP?

Comment

• Shane Martin
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2001

The Sharp is using the HD2+ chip.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                  • Aug 2001

Yeah, there are a few HD2+ pj's, but I thought the HD3 was just in RP at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"