How does one find a good ISF in their area?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLA
    • Mar 2005

How does one find a good ISF in their area?

As my prior post indicated I purchased a Mitz WS55315 55" to be delivered today...it's 1:37 am right now...like a kid on Xmas eve night....anyway I have done some internet searches for ISF in this area and come up zero...I live in Mesa, AZ, so how do I find a good ISF tech I can trust....and how do I know he really did the job...I know that sounds weird, but still other then a better picture, how do I know it's at optimum?

Thanks in advance,
    DLA
    If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
    DLA Songs
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

First of all congrats on the new set :T

If you just bought the set I'd recommend doing a manual convergence as best you can and then picking up a copy of Digital Video Essentials or AVIA and calibrating your set as best you can with either of those. Then in a few months after the sets had time to settle in go here: http://www.imagingscience.com/isf-trained.cfm and find certified techs in your area and call them for info/references etc like you would any other service for your home
    Jason

Comment

• Neal_C
      • Feb 2003

I don't want to push you to another forum, but there alot of calibration folks over at the Spot . There are some that travel around and do "calibration tours". Might even be able to find someone in your area that does them.

Don't worry, you have a few months to find someone. You probably want to wait atleast 4 or 5 months and give the set plenty of time to settle in.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Greg loewen is a highly qualified tech that often does tours around the US. i'm not sure if or when he'd be in your area but he'd be a good person to contact and find out. His webpage is http://www.lionav.com/services.html

Comment

• DLA
          • Mar 2005

Greg loewen is a highly qualified tech that often does tours around the US. i'm not sure if or when he'd be in your area but he'd be a good person to contact and find out. His webpage is
          Thank you for that info...there is one of Lions tech's right here in the Phoenix area, I sent him an Email.

DLA
          If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
          DLA Songs

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"