X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xilpaxim
    • Oct 2004

HD50LPW52 vs. HLN5065W

ok, both of these sets sell for the same price. So, is either one better than the other, or are they pretty much the same? any help would be appriciated.
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

Well, the Samsung uses the older HD2 chip and the RCA uses the HD3 chip. The HD3 chip is newer, but is actually a budget chip, and quality wise is about the same as the HD2.

The HD2+ is actually the best single dlp chip currently on the market.

There is more to picture quality than the chip, such things as video processing and scaling.

What is the price you are paying for these sets (or your budget)?

Have you had a chance to demo both of them?

Comment

• xilpaxim
      • Oct 2004

well, the price is$2299. I saw another model that was a samsung as well, it was about $100 more, but i cant remember the model number
      ive had a chance to look at the samsung, but i havent had the time to go around to look at the rca.

Comment

• Neal_C
        • Feb 2003

Without knowing the model number, I could only guess that the other Samsung probably uses the newer HD3 chip, thus only $100 more, since it is about on par with the HD2 chip.

My neighbor just bought a Samsung 4674 for $2499 and he picked it over the Samsung 4663 at $1999. The 4674 uses the better HD2+ chip and yes, to him, was worth the extra $500 because it did look that much better, and I agreed.

If you could find a good deal on a set with the HD2+ chip and it fit in your budget, I would go with it. It is that much better.

If you are picking between the RCA and Samsung, I would say go with whichever one looks better to you. They should be pretty comparable.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"